The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why leave for somewhere new when you can't accept change ?

Why leave for somewhere new when you can't accept change ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
There's so much hoolabaloo about multiculturalism, religion & whatever you can think of & it always targets the countries which people migrate to. Question : are people so thick that they don't realise that other places are different to where they come from so therefore accept this difference. If they leave due to persecution then surely the last thing they'd want is dragging the cause of this persecution with them.
I came to Australia because I wanted to get away from the european bureaucracy & for a better climate. Unfortunately, this is now in jeopardy. The whole world knows Australia is a western style Nation so why do people who detest the West move here ? The reason is an insidious agenda, not seeking a new or better life. Sadly, so many Australians have had it so good for a long time that they've become blind to this takeover by stealth which is helped along by ignorant australian academic do-gooders.. I personally have no qualms about where my neighbours hail from but I draw the line when they start to impose another culture onto me & expect me to change. By all means go & ask a country to let you live there but abide to its rules, the benefits of which made you want to go to this country in favour of yours.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 9:36:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In short, people who hate the west are still perfectly greedy enough to be happy living western lifestyles.
Posted by King Hazza, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 12:19:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Individual,

You make so many generalisations and
sweeping statements - I'm unclear as to
who exactly are you talking about?
Who are these people of whom you speak, -
your neighbours? Do you know them that well
that you are able to make all these assumptions
about them? "A take over by stealth?" What exactly
does that mean?

And you refer to "ignorant academic do-gooders?"
It seems to me that somehow the words - "ignorant"
and "academic" don't quite fit together. And as for
"academics being "do gooders," really? You mean that
they teach, or that they encourage lateral thinking?
Then how can they be ignorant? Surely they must be
qualified in something to be considered an academic?

Ah well, life can be defined as a long process of
putting up with Other People's irritating habits.
Yet I am constantly amazed at how tolerant even the
most intolerant people are of their own foibles.
The man who detests the way his neighbour sucks air
through his teeth will never be upset by his own habit
of cleaning his ear with the tip of his little finger
in public.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 9:09:15 PM
There is a misunderstanding about what multiculturalism was meant to be and how it was meant to work. It was never about assimilation, it was about harmony and respecting many diversities, and a law of discrimination being umpire so that one ethnic culture does not impose over another.

I live not far away from Kings Cross and a find some hypocracy from people who are speaking Arabic, taking over the underbelly, treating the women like dogs, taking over the drug trade, and probably going home to their nice parents as good little religious boys. The violent attacks from the various gang wars including those from Lebanese and other middle eastern backgrounds are clashing with biker groups and other low lives.

This does not mean that all people with Muslim and middle eastern backgrounds are deliberately causing trouble on the streets of Sydney. But as eye witness, I see clearly, some are. Let's not deny this.
And yes, there are other groups like the triads, the other ethnic mafias that would gladly fight to take their place.
But I do wonder if there is any truth in what Pauline Hanson is ranting on about. Are some migrants so sanctimonious about themselves, putting Australians down as second class citizens, while they treat our women like dogs and literally defecate on our city streets? Is this deliberate to degrade Australia or is this survivalism?

These are a minority of migrants who are making a bad name for a majority of good migrants who just want to do the right thing. What do we do about the bad ones? Multiculturalism is supposed to be about harmony, and some are clearly not harmonic in Australia, even by their own rules from their own cultures.

Who and what has to change?
Posted by saintfletcher, Thursday, 18 February 2010 1:16:41 AM
"ignorant"
and "academic" don't quite fit together.
Foxy,
It's a perfect combination, it's proven daily !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 18 February 2010 6:22:58 AM
"A take over by stealth?" What exactly
does that mean?
Foxy,
are you living on a hobby farm all by yourself ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 18 February 2010 6:24:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy