The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rudd and Garretts Incompetence Costs Lives

Rudd and Garretts Incompetence Costs Lives

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Belly
you jump up and down telling us where you stand but when labor ,Garrett,Rudd allow these things to happen, you would be jumping sky high, remember beaconsfield when the management did not take note of the warning well this is what garrett, did and rudd is backing him.

And Combet where is he standing up and saying this is wrong or with his Mp girlfriend.

So belly you can either comment or just rant and as we have seen it is rant.
One would have to say regarding your passion to stand up for the worker is somewhat lost.
You are payed by the worker not the labor party so act like a union official and fight instaed of rolling over.

And how i run my campaign, well belly if you do not like the truth then stay out of the fire.
Posted by tapp, Sunday, 14 February 2010 4:40:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good point Tapp. What did happen to the directors of the mining company. I will bet they can he held financially accountable, so why can't government ministers when they defy a warning and, as proven here, cost lives.

Now I am not suggesting they are responsoble for the deaths, but then, are the mining exec's?

I think this comparison may well open a can of worms as it is my understanding that there are similarities in both cases.

Now as for Belly, well, he has frequently blown his trumpet about how he and his collegues inforce safety at the workplace. If not for the unions, he says!

Perhaps they were all asleep at the wheel this time hey!

As I say, I think we may see another royal commision into this one.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 14 February 2010 7:22:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Abbott is playing a dangerous game in using these deaths for short-term gain.

Despite all the ongoing political opportunities in blaming deaths on such things as Hospital waiting lists and Social Security shortcomings, the last time I remember this happening so blatantly was when a Liberal tried to make political mileage over the number killed in the Granville Disaster. It didn't work and resulted in a severe backlash.

This may be the time for cool heads and waiting for Coroners reports and all the facts yet to come out. The victims deserve at least that much.

Most of what has been reported so far is just heresay and Newspaper sensationalism.

If Abbott was genuinely concerned he would be looking at ways to stop such things from happening in the future. It was his own party that wound back a lot of Industrial Safety employer obligations in the first place.
Posted by rache, Monday, 15 February 2010 1:23:30 AM
rache

do you remember beaconsfield mine tragedy

well it seems that it is good enough for labor and the unions then but not now.

Labor has been in government since 2007 and you still blame the liberals.
Remember rudd said he would stop the blame game and the buck stops with him.
Labor had more than enough time to sort out training, but instead trying to be popular with spin.

Time they took responsibility for extremely bad policy , and it is this policy that cost lives and so far 86 homes burnt.

By the way i am an independent and i say it like i see it.
Posted by tapp, Monday, 15 February 2010 8:31:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy