The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The time has come, to pay the rent

The time has come, to pay the rent

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Examinator, have you read anything in the last 10 years.

Any time you post your idea of science, you are always 10 to 20 years out of date. Guess that's what happens when you get your science only from WWf, or Greenpeace.

You are right up there with all the emotive claptrap though. More Greenpeace reading?

When you can't refute an argument, try shutting up, rather than trying to change the subject, then giving us more Greenpeace polluted argument, & expecting any thinking person to take it seriously.

I see even you don't try argue about the con of "make the big poluters pay", full marks for accepting that. Perhaps your eyes are opening just a little. Yes drop in, & I'll show you the light.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 3 February 2010 12:46:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a shameless climate skeptic you are Hasbeen, is there any pollution at all?.
I do agree that carbon is not the only, or worst pollution problem we have.

And as far as taking the Labor line as you suggest, far from it. Fact is, Labor has gone no where near far enough to make a difference anyway. And the Rudd Govt has gone no where near far enough in reversing or rectifying the most damaging policies of the Howard Govt to be anything more than a flowery facsimile of the former.

Also Hasbeen, you have not addressed my query; that the margins of polluters may already be excessive or more accurately sufficient compensation to allow them to absorb the cost of pollution anyway.

Also, they may then be encouraged to develop better, more sustainable technologies to increase their margins instead of expecting the taxpayer to foot the bill for business as usual.

An understanding must be reached on climate regardless of the view of those who take solace from the failure of Copenhagen.

Finally, Tony Abbott referred to the Govt's view of climate change as theological today, Mr Abbott cant distinguish the fundamental difference between theology "a faith based concept" and science "an evidential product".
Posted by thinker 2, Wednesday, 3 February 2010 4:01:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seriously, how can anyone trust anything the rudd government put forward.

They have already stuffed up Solar, insulation, fuel watch, grocery watch, broardband network.

In fact, is there anything he hasn't stuffed up?

And, if the so called poluters, (who by the way provide us with the very means to continue with our day to day lives) are charged with an additional burdon, they will either pass it on, or, they will cut staff. Either way, they will not put their hands in their pockets just so we can feel all warm and fuzzy about the environment.

My advise is to be very carefull before you go biting the hand that feeds you!
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 3 February 2010 7:04:20 PM
Thinker2 is not a thinkering to well.Even with Rudd's taxes and the share market derivatives,the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere will not dimisish.No one is stopping fossil fuels being mined.If CO2 is a poison,don't mine it.No,lthe Aust Govts like NSW want even more coal mined while they punish farmers making farms carbon sinks.Total Hypocracy!

They just want to mine more and make the poor consumer pay a higher price to increase profits for the elite few.It is indeed the great global warming scam.The Northern hemisphere has experienced the coldest winter in over 100 yrs with expodential increases in co2.Co2 has increased by 26% in just 10 yrs.Temps should be rising dramatically if AGW theory is correct.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 3 February 2010 8:11:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To All,
The problem is not CO2, it is polluted air CO2 is essential to life. Air pollution kills. Find a fuel that doesn't pollute and then we can go forward. Governments used to invest in research now they invest in pork barreling and have coined a new frase "user pays". When the owners of Telstra repurchased Telstra the game changed. Man has gone from the mindset of sheep herder to Bullock Driver. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. Identify the problem then fix it. Don't continue to be part of the problem. So is the glass half full or half empty. I am certain most pontificating here can't see the wood for the trees.
Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 4 February 2010 4:39:05 AM
Well spoken examinator, as expected hasbeen.
Facts o first thanks rechtub and arjay word perfect knew what you would say, increased majority rechtub.
This Abbott madness, is a brand new tax, on tax payers, we are to pay while big polluters get of Scott free.
It is junk, it is going to sink beneath the waves and so is Abbott.
Should start a thread but in just days we will find out.
Are the greens sustainable.
let us face it their extreme wishes are not, no way either side can EVER VOTE for it, nore will we .
But in just days along with conservatives who can think they can pass the ETS.
WILL THEY?
just maybe
if not their fate is in the air.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 4 February 2010 5:33:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy