The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Has Rudd simply lost the plot!

Has Rudd simply lost the plot!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I agree with Peter Vexatious.The time is now ripe for a political party that truely represents the people.Both the major parties are in the pockets of the Corporations.

We in Aust desperately need a proper constitution.Any new party must have in it's constitution that no Corporate donations be taken.

In the USA the Supreme Court has just ruled 5 to 4 that Corps can donate as much as they like to Political Parties.This means that foreign Cops can now determine who the Govts will be.Democracy in the USA is all but dead.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 30 January 2010 4:16:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, you will soon have your answer to Rudd's confiedence levels if and when his once failed ETS gets rejected again, as, this will be the perfect trigger for a DD election. He failed to use this opportunity last time, let's wait and see what he does this time.

My opinion is that, if faced with that prospect, he will use the old 'it's to close to us running our full term to call an early election' and, this in it's self will be proof that he is concerned.

His concerns would not be of loosing the election so much, as I doubt this will happen, rather, his concerns would be for fear of him loosing the confiedence of many voters while governing with an oppisition as weak as he has had.

It would quite simply be a case of 'he just didn't loose badly enough to be voted out of office', and that's a worry for us all.

Dispite the wows of workchoices, nobody can denie that our country boomed during the howard years and, in less than two years, all the spoils have been wasted, and some!

Just look at Rudds failures;
Solar, insulation, school funding programes, boat people, fuel watch, grocery watch and maybe My-school.

The only thing he did achieve was to waste billions in record time, but, I doubt this is a trophy that he will be eager to display!

Ah, did I mention stealing billions from our farmers and placing us in an anti-competetive position with our global trade partners, all so he could be seen as 'being green'!
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 31 January 2010 10:00:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Everyone is overcomplicating this: Like any politician Krudd sees the population as TAXPAYERS - so when we need more money, how ya gonna get it? - HAVE MORE POPULATION - simple really...
Posted by Spinner, Sunday, 31 January 2010 2:18:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well rechtub I blame you, about 3 hours ago you had me hitting the key board just a bit hard.
Broke a finger on boxing day and it is the one I tap out my answers with.
So I lost my post.
found nothing to agree with in your list of failures.
Did however see your often displayed lack of understanding of politics.
Rudd if he calls it now[ the best time for conservatives] or on time will win more seats than he has now.
And butcher you have overlooked a fact.
two Liberals, true Liberals, have reserved the right to cross the floor in the senate.
Now if Bob Brown wants to highlight how out of touch he is, just before an election.
He can say his way or no way.
And show me a conservative or Labor voter who wants such an extreme climate policy introduced.
Brown may well back down, should something is better than nothing.
Then Rudd has no DD trigger.
And conservatives can go into an election on time fully charged up on fear and loathing of global warming, AND Labor will still win.
The lost tribe of right wing pirates running the once Liberal party MUST fail before Liberalism can rebuild towards a return to government in 2016.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 31 January 2010 6:12:13 PM
Belly; found nothing to agree with in your list of failures.

Tell me you're kidding!

Solar; The funding for his scheme was pulled overnight and many companies only found out through the media.

Insulation; Some companies invested millions on plant to manufature insulation here, which, besides helping meet demands, also would have created jobs. The rebate was slashed by 25% overnight.

Fuel watch; A joke!

Grocery watch; Another joke!

Boat people; A mexican standoff that lead to Rudd giving in and allowing many people to jump the que.

The stimulus; Billons spent, much of it wasted, now gone and very few jobs created.

My school; Imagine if a kid accesses this site and finds that mum and dad send them to a crap school. How would this make them feel?

Belly, Rudds failures are there for all to see. If you choose to have blinkers on then so be it.

BTW, have you seen the latest news poll?
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 2 February 2010 6:40:14 AM
rechtub you good thing!
True bloke you make me feel good.
You both over estimate your understanding.
And devalue mine.
ON RECORD now, I still say an increased majority to Rudd.
polls or no polls.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 February 2010 5:03:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy