The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Introducing the Australian Prime Minister kevin Rudd

Introducing the Australian Prime Minister kevin Rudd

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I recently read an article that stated Kevin Rudd would fade into being the most insignificant prime Minister the nation has ever seen.
I think Kevin Rudd was and is obsessed, to be, and with being, prime minister, and to enjoy and indulge in having this position. In this, I mean that he is vain, with a huge ego; he enjoys the endless travelling, the fine food and wine, and the endless schedule that enables him to meet with people and be seen. To be never in the one place, to tell himself that he is a human being making a difference.
This also satisfies his psychological need to be a workaholic. No work is ever completed, it’s just his time filled up with endless trivia. This also feeds is huge ego.
This can be seen in the Copenhagen Climate change summit. This is a typical example of all his personal psychological forces at work powered by his vain ego. An entourage of over a Hundred plus a personal photographer.
This is dangerous because here we have a Man, the leader of our sitting parliament that in effect does not do anything. His decisions, his personality does not effect any form of change within the party or the nation. We now are past the Howard ‘’Paranoid terrorists will rule the world era’’ ,however as a nation we have gone backwards and have become stagnant, even now owing on foreign debt as his government used the surplus left to us by the Howard government, to pay for his ‘’ Save the Australian economy fund’’.
Why bother wasting our time with climate change in the first instance anyway, when we all know the Average Australian does not care, and its time that we faced this.
Why?
The average Australian will tell you to your face.
‘’ Why should I worry about climate change, when it affects the Earth I will be dead’’.
To use a line from the greatest Australian political writer of all time
‘’Prove I lie’’.
Posted by oscar the grouch, Tuesday, 15 December 2009 12:32:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Oscar the grouch I am aware of gos through life with some ones hand up his bottom and lives in a garbage can.
Good place for this thread.
While our posts say a lot about us Oscar there is no need to shout we knew we knew., about you I mean.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 16 December 2009 4:40:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly! Attack the grouch, er I mean the man instead of addressing the subject, why don’t you!

Not good.

I reckon Oscar is pretty close to the mark.

I see Rudd's disingenuity most seriously manifest itself with his implementation such enormously important policies as those to do with record high immigration and a big Australia without coming out and fully justifying his decisions.

This is just as shonky as all bu@@ery! As was his implementation of this immigration regime as soon as he won power without even mentioning it in the election campaign....which has to be construed as a deliberate and hugely misleading, duping, swindling and conning of the Australian public!
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 16 December 2009 8:47:09 AM
I'm no great fan of Rudd and his government, but attacking Rudd for his perceived personality defects doesn't seem very productive to me. I daresay similar criticisms could be mounted against any recent PM, and the alternative that's currently offer is worse, if anything.

<< Why bother wasting our time with climate change in the first instance anyway, when we all know the Average Australian does not care, and its time that we faced this.
Why?
The average Australian will tell you to your face.
‘’ Why should I worry about climate change, when it affects the Earth I will be dead’’. >>

This may well be the basis for the entrenched and ignorant climate denialism that we're currently seeing, but it's precisely why our government needs to act decisively and comprehensively on environmental issues like population and climate change, which are intrinsically linked. I agree that most people will probably act out of short-term self interest, with little consideration for the kind of country and world that we're bequeathing to our children.

That's why the Copenhagen talkfest is a good thing - at least it's a start. Which is not to say that I'm optimistic about anything much concrete coming out of it.

Ludwig, your complaint of ad hominem from Belly would be more credible if you didn't spend so much time slamming Rudd personally. I'm not so worried about him - nor indeed his Opposition counterpart - it's the actions and policies of his government that concern me.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 16 December 2009 9:16:58 AM
<< Ludwig, your complaint … would be more credible if you didn't spend so much time slamming Rudd personally >>

<< it's the actions and policies of his government that concern me. >>

CJ, these statements seem to be a tad contradictory.

I’m slamming Rudd, and I mean absolutely slamming him, for his actions and policies. He’s the one in charge of our critically seriously antisustainability-oriented government. He deserves all the personal damnation that I and others can dish out in this regard.
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 16 December 2009 10:39:50 AM
It seems to me that good philosophical discussion topics on this forum get blasted and the writer faces insults if the post does not conform to others opinions.................Oh but wait a minute its online opionin if i am not mistaken.

I feel some of the uses on this site hide behind a keyboard and insult people because face to face they are cowards and cant argue with people.

I post intelligent debate only to be insulted by quite frankly........... idiots.......... that would not know how to get from the front door to thier letterbox without thier computer telling them how.

I mean it amazes me how the moderators allow the insults to fly all round.

I agree with LUDWIG.............Kevin Rudd should not be free from criticism.

To the people that constantly insult me for my opinions why dont you stop insulting everyone the minute the debate is past your basic concepts.................or here is a an idea.........come up with a better side of the argument............no soooooooory.......dont think............things happen...........bad things happen when people like you think.

Maybe online opinion needs a little room for the children to play in while the rest of us actually debate and make progress.

As for Kevin Rudd let him prove his worth.Untill then let him answer to us....the people.

This is Australia not some third world civil war dictatorship.
Posted by oscar the grouch, Wednesday, 16 December 2009 11:17:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy