The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Keeping the lid on whistleblowing?

Keeping the lid on whistleblowing?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
In my case was far more complicated, I left as my head hurt from banging against a wall. I wrote to the manager senior to designer suit and labelled the email "how I could have stolen 1/2 million dollars without detection". Never mentioned the bully's name, but he was gone pretty soon after I heard. Didn't help me keep my job but some satisfaction was had.:)
Posted by TheMissus, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 3:37:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry to waffle on but subject close to my heart.

I just read of One Tel judgement.

The interesting fact here is that I was not an insider at all. I was a customer. It was clear charges did not reflect actual revenue. So many people disputed claims, so many forums like this with people claiming they were not going to pay. So many people, so much said. Too much noise. Too many errors. I wrote to the stock exchange and asked them why a company with obvious flaws in billing and income reporting was allowed exchange listing, or why auditing had not disclosed to the market possible errors in valuations due to billing errors? Why was doubtful debts not reflecting the reality? I provided so many links it should have been questioned.

The evidence of poor accounting was blindingly obvious. Of course I was ignored and of course the Packer or the Rich had no knowledge 2 years later of any issues with the company, yet I did? A little old customer knew that this company stunk, yet high flyer owners had no knowledge?

Hmm. Now ASIC lose their case? If ASIC cannot win against such obvious poor accounting well before collapse of company then this country has a personal problem. What is the point in whistle blowing, if you cannot win? Customers were bullied and shareholder ripped off. Bad. Very bad.
Posted by TheMissus, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 5:51:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agreed missus. Muck ups like One.Tel and Enron really make a mockery of accounting standards, governance and accountability.

Watched the Wilkie story - what a brave man. Actually made me cry (yes...I am a sook) when reminded of the accusations and attempts to discredit Wilkie post the Laurie Oakes interview and subsequent media interest
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 9:04:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy