The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Priority of Loyalty

Priority of Loyalty

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Many times I witness people's attitude change when it involves family, friends,politics etc etc.
They start off supporting a particular view but as soon as criticism cuts in self defence
/interest overrides the initial view.
For example, many support to discipline someone who did wrong. However, the moment the identity of an accused is revealed either, family or friends or members of an organisation rally to support this accused. Now, I've always had a problem with this mentality. Either we believe the culprit needs to be taken to task or not. Personal feelings have absolutely no play in this, they always aggravate a situation. My point is that this musical chair loyalty is a clear indication of everyday problems in our society. Number 1 Loyalty should be integrity. No 2 should be family, No 3 should be work. The problem with most of us is that our loyalties are governed by emotion & other sentiments not by integrity. We shouldn't dish up what we wouldn't swallow ourselves.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 8 November 2009 7:09:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A good observation.This is why we have so much corruption and dysfunctional economies.It starts at a family level and is reflected at the highest levels of Govt.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 8 November 2009 7:50:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Classic example happened on Friday at the end of a conversation with some teenaged girl who is possibly maybe likely to find the time in her long hard-working government office day to decide on my future life or death sometime over this next few years if I'm not dead before she gets around to making up her mind way or the other.

She rang me for the first time on my mobile phone, to tell me that she's very busy with so much work this year and hasn't got around to ticking my boxes yet, but after 20 minutes on the nokia, she looked into her crystal ball and predicted that I should possibly expect another call by late Monday afternoon if she might have somehow changed her mind and made a specific decision of one kind or another.

With Monday's random possibility in mind, I asked her whether she would like my landphone number to save the mobile call costs on Monday's possible chance decision. In the end, I did pass on the local number, but her first reaction was such a classic, when she replied, "Why? It's not MY money."

I've heard this many times from others working for that same gov department, like they see their loyalty to their employer as nothing more than some irrelevant romantic vision, as long as they're pulling in their salaries, then each day at work spending other people's money is of no concern. They have no loyalty even to their own workplace during working hours.

I agree on integrity first, because that is what stops us selling our souls to the devil for a dollar, but after we DO make that decision to claim a pay-cheque at the end of each week for our own blood, sweat and tears, isn't that time when were getting paid by the hour to be there at 'the office' the time when loyalty to the work and the employer, (and if you're meant to be a 'public servant' the taxpayer) comes first?
Posted by Seano, Sunday, 8 November 2009 8:36:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some people just can't take a joke or being critasized.
I see it as an extension of road rage.
When they get stuck for answers, you get labeled as racist a ningnong
Or what ever else they can get their mind around.
A lot of peoples mind can only handle their own opinion.
I say things as i see it, not as someone else would want to see it.
My opinions are strickly mine and not from some other sauce.
Posted by Desmond, Sunday, 8 November 2009 10:13:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual, I believe that most family and friends will still want to support their family member or friend, despite what crime was committed.
There is a difference between supporting the person, but not condoning their crime.

A relative of mine killed another relative (yes, a wonderful family!) in a rage at him verbally abusing his sister.
The murderer's Mother and family absolutely, unconditionally, supported this guy during his conviction and long trial.

They then were there for him while he was in jail for 7 years.
Now he is out and is living a productive life.

Wouldn't all this have turned out much worse if his family and friends had not supported him during this time?

Maybe he would have turned out a more violent man, after his release from jail, who went ahead and destroyed another family's life by killing someone else? Support the criminal, not the crime.
Posted by suzeonline, Sunday, 8 November 2009 3:19:34 PM
Interesting,

You Think Yhe Goverment And Courts Have Any Loyalty Or Priority,

I Don't For One.

Its Always The Faimly That Is Suffering Because Of The Continual Corruption Of Our Goverments States And Territories. And That Of The Commonwealth Of Australia, And The Courts, And A Persons Peronal Past,

Priority Is At The Home So Is Loyalty,

But The Goverment Rips That Apart With The Destruction Of A Victims Truth, Then Use's The Victims Record Against Them,Thats Not Loyalty.

Thats Not Loyalty And It Certainly Is The Goverments Priority,

As The Loyalty Would Of Been Done For The Victim Long Ago, When They The Goverment Destroyed The Truth,

Now An Amends To Give Nothing Back To Those who Lost All Hope Of Ever Having Their Faimly And Home And Dignigty Back,

Loyalty Is Trust, And Who Do We Trust Only The One's Standing Beside You All The Time Wether Through Good And Bad.

Priority, Feed My Faimly Before Me, Give My Faimly A Home Before Me,Want To See My Great Grand Children Born Which Will Be 20 To 30 Years Or More Away,Hope For My Grand Children In Having A Better Future, That I Can Provide For And With.

Loyalty Give My Respect To Those Who Want To Respect Me

A Real Forgotten Australian

HuffnPuff
Posted by huffnpuff, Monday, 9 November 2009 4:58:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy