The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gay Marriage Killed the Dinosaurs

Gay Marriage Killed the Dinosaurs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Dear D Funkt,
Truer words you have never spoke. Stay earth bound and you will see the destruction of everything you hold dear. To be present in the body you are subject to the laws at play in the world. The earth is negative and all in it. Even your very thoughts are affected. Thank God we have been given choice.
Posted by Richie 10, Tuesday, 20 October 2009 6:13:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It appears you've reeled one in anyway :) Clearly, the answer for those who have problems with gay marriage is space travel.

Indeed, it may well be possible in the future for all the homophobes to be blasted off into outer space, to boldly go where no gay person has been before.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 20 October 2009 6:56:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ I don't have the full or official list but I'll try and put down those extra items I remember.

- Gay marriage causes natural disasters (the natural disasters whcih are not caused by abortion or low church attendance)
- Every sperm is precious. God gets very upset when people waste sperm and gays clearly waste it. This is one of my all time favourite reasons.
- During the numerous hours some homophobes spend thinking about anal sex the conflict between fascination and the yikky factor causes distress.
- The hairy legged type of lesbian is just wrong, the young pretty ones are not so bad if you don't get caught watching online videos of them.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 20 October 2009 7:28:14 AM
The anal sex is fine with me, I just wish some gay people wouldn't be so camp and theatrical. I find it annoying. I don't see why camp people cant just talk normally. I know many gay people who manage to talk normally, and it would never occur to these guys to act so weird. So why are camp people like that. Lesbian women don't talk like Sam Backo.

Though Julian Clary is pretty funny. Graham Norton isn't.

They should be able to get married. Then we'd have the valid decision to NOT be married recognised by the state. I really sympathise with them, as I think us poor de-factos should march for the right to not be married off by the Guvment. Maybe we can march with the Gays next time. Actually I should be able to sell my license to marry to a gay person who wants to.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 20 October 2009 9:22:40 AM
We Christians don't care if you're gay - we just don't want our kids taught that it's OK to be gay (just like atheists don't want their kids to be taught it's ok to be Christian). So, go ahead and advance gay rights, but just do it in a way that doesn't impact on the lives of us.

Maybe atheists and gays should ask the government to set up a new type of marriage (e.g. a state union contract/ license) that is completely separate from Christian marriage. This way the core values and beliefs of both Christians and gays/atheists will not be offended, and this change will actually be sustainable.
Posted by TRUTHNOW78, Tuesday, 20 October 2009 10:57:03 AM
Ah, welbek. Some contributions here are a bit like Kopi Luwak coffee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak You’ve got to paddle around in a lot of poo to find the delicacy.

Various christian right groups are famously looking for ways to promote the value of marriage http://marriageweek.org.au/ Creating a market for marriage licences sounds ideal. If the gummint were to limit the number of available licences to around the same as the refugee intake quota (13,500 in 2008/9 http://www.budget.gov.au/2008-09/content/bp2/html/expense-18.htm ), it would not only raise the value of marriage, the handy little revenue source would help cover the cost of those pesky boat people.

Finally a level playing field for marriage.

And think of the cultural benefits:
- Televised marriage licence auctions!
- "Australian Bridal"
- "Who wants to be a groom?"
- "The farmer pleads with his rich uncle to sling him a lazy hundred thousand so that he can take a wife."

As an added bonus, it would also provide an additional reason for dissing same-sex couples: those who go offshore to marry http://sixtyminutes.9msn.com.au/stories/peteroverton/259412/gay-marriage could rightly be referred to as queue jumpers.
Posted by woulfe, Tuesday, 20 October 2009 11:10:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy