The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Modern Britain and Muslim Community

Modern Britain and Muslim Community

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Drugs, crime, incivility, binge drinking, teenage pregnancies, anti-social behaviour and institutional racism are common part of life in the modern Britain. Muslim do not want their children to become integrated into such barbarity.

Majority of Muslim children leave schools with low grades because state schools with monolingual teachers are not capable to teach English language to bilingual Muslim children. The grow up to be angry young men becuse the schols were reluctant to teach Arabic, Urdu and other community languages.

Bilingual Muslim children need state funded Muslim schools with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or ateacher in a Muslim school. They need to be well versed in Standard English to follow the National Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. They also need to be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural roots and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry.

There are hundreds of state and church schools where Muslim children are in majority. In my opinion,all such schools may be designated as Muslim community schools.

A Muslim is a citizen of this tiny global village. He/She does not want to become notoriously monolingual Brits.
Iftikhar Ahmad
London School of Islamics Trust
www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk
Posted by Iftikhar, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 3:29:21 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The best way to ensure that Muslim children, or those of any other religious or ethnic group, will grow up feeling included and valued in the society in which they live is to have them educated within a strong and universal public education system.

Private and/or religious schools only perpetuate difference and division. They do nothing to promote a fair and harmonious society.
Posted by Bronwyn, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 9:20:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had felt this gentleman had graced the halls of the OLO forum before and indeed he has, putting exactly the same position but not responding to any posts.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=2819&page=0#63914

It may well be that people have something new to add but it would be worth reading the earlier discussion first.
Posted by csteele, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 9:41:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Britain's rejection of God has led to this ridiculous and sad situation. They embraced the me god (secularism) and multi culturalism and are now faced with being over run by Muslims. I am sure future generations of children are going to thank the misguided policy makers when they are forced to wear burkas. The silence of feminism is astounding. I think wearing the pants will be the last thing woman will be concerned about under Sharia Law.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 9:45:04 AM
csteele,
Thanks for the link. This is the second time this poster has put up the same post so I take it as part of the continuing aim to further the influence of Islam in Western countries. I expect our friend Kayser Trad to again raise the issue of polygamy again shortly.

If the poster was genuinely concerned with a problem for muslims in the UK, he would restrict his postings to that country.

"One day millions of men will leave Arabia to go to Europe. And they will not go there as friends. They will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory."former Algerian president Houari Boumedienne in about 1975.

The UK and Europe ignored this statement, to their detriment, and now have massive problems brought on by multiculturalism and bad migration policy. For example each public holiday in France is marked by riots and car burning. Last new years eve they burnt 1147 cars in France and the authorities were pleased it was not more. By 2015, Sweden will be 50% muslim, and that is not far off.

The UK already has limited polygamy and some aspects of Sharia law has been introduced. There is widespread FGM and estimated 3000 forced marriages each year.

Many muslims see themselves as pioneers for Islam as our forebears did in Aus. We can expect continuing presure to adopt muslim cultural ways and even more so as their numbers grow.

If the issue is only about education then i agree with Bronwyn.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 12:25:48 PM
" ... Private and/or religious schools only perpetuate difference and division. They do nothing to promote a fair and harmonious society. ... "

Couldn't agree more:

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/comlaw/comlaw.nsf/0/19541afd497bc2e4ca256f990081e2cf/$FILE/Constitution.pdf

Commonwealth of Australia
Constitution Act

Chapter V – The States

116 Commonwealth not to legislate in respect of religion

The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion,
or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free
exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a
qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

What we need is a law prohibiting the indoctrination of children but I suspect s116 may need to be reconstructed.
Posted by DreamOn, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 2:17:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy