The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > From work choices - to worse choices- it's a bit of a joke!

From work choices - to worse choices- it's a bit of a joke!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I can see no value in debating with you.
You never ever stop blaming Labor for every thing blindly and unfocused.
Now what is this about 225% loading?
Surely you do not think on top of 100%?
Our standard of living/spending has risen along with wages.
Wages, worker incomes are the oil that drives your butcher shops.
rechtub you should think harder before blaming the ALP for the world financial crisis.
I do leave the thread, others do too, you baffle me , you seem unable to see the world as it is, planting spuds but expecting to harvest water melons is unwise cheers
Posted by Belly, Monday, 7 September 2009 5:26:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub
I personally think 225% is probably a bit high but I could not comment on overall salary as I don't know what sort of base salary drillers enjoy.

You know very well that jobs in the mining industry and in IT were the only areas where individually negotiated work contracts increased wages. Yet you who support WorkChoices are complaining about the fact they are too high.

If you want to compare the fairness and efficiency of any IR system developed by any government regardless of leaning, you have to use the lowest paid workers as a yardstick.

Using the highest paid workers as a measure is like trying to work out if cake is the most popular dessert by offering black forest cake or carrot cake as the only two choices.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 7 September 2009 7:41:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So we are all grateful that we have Kevin 07 and Blood Nut at the helm. This pair are only interested in remaing in power. By appealing to the Middle Class and the Big End of Town.

1. Under the watchful eye of the ABCC you can be prosecuted for displaying the Eureka Flag on any building site.
2. If you belong to a Union such as CFMEU, you will find that any employer has the right to choose to discriminate against you by choosing a person less qualified but from a Union who is less likely to stand up for your rights. By the way its legal.
3. By reducing the number of both Federal and State Awards, your income maybe reduced without the matter going to abritation.

Kevin 07 has forgotten the Working Class and those who brought him to power.

Kevin 07 & Blood Nut for me are Anti Australian, Anti Working Class and have denied us the right to Freedom of Associaton. The right to belong to a Union of our choice.

But most of all they have desecrated the memory of the Diggers who stood under the Eureka Flag in 1854 and Peter Lalor. Without them would we enjoy the Working Conditions we have today?
Posted by DamBlack, Monday, 7 September 2009 8:13:52 PM
You never ever stop blaming Labor for every thing blindly and unfocused.

Belly, we have had two recessions in modern time.

The early 90's, and most recently, 2008. Both time labor have been in power, both times they have made major chages to IR laws.

Facts, not fiction!

Pelican
Yet you who support WorkChoices are complaining about the fact they are too high.

Sorry, I didn't support workchoices, in fact, not one of my staff have ever been paid less than the award, often more infact in the 20+ years I have been an employer.

How did brickies earn $800 per day + during the WC era. Concretors on $450 per day, the list goes on.

It's a pitty these 'big buck' earners are today often waiting for the phone to ring.

WC mostly effected people who were either poor at their jobs, or under skilled and what was wrong with that I ask.

Top shelf workers simply would not have copped a pay cut, up until now that is, cause the 'wheels have gone wobbly'.

Thanks Kev!
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 7 September 2009 8:41:17 PM
I am back only to talk to DamBlack.
Lies are no longer currency in IR bloke.
I have handed out hundreds of southern cross hats that are being warn on construction sites caps and stickers.
500 ban the ABCC stickers, most are in lunch sheds.
Yes Rudd and Gillard have not kept their promises.
Yes we demand a fair go for all workers.
But move your seat closer to rechtub.
Up the back of the class.
Here we see two who will not see.
In fact Rudd never promised a union Paradise.
The chant GST get square time, was is and remains blind rhetoric.
I will not name names you did, but some actions of some unions bought work choices on us all.
Extremism and miltism in IR is the past not the future.
I see week after week union members who never see an official , of a union you highlight, unions exist only for members not any other reason.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 8 September 2009 5:03:39 AM
Belly, it is unlike you to run.

What FACTS are unclear to you?

Is it this;
If not, why didn't the oil bosses use WC do reduce their pay. You continue to say that bosses were unfair under WC and used WC to reduce wages and conditions.

What happened here?

Or;
Permernat worker 'at sea' would also be on high money, am I correct?

If so, why is 20% on top of a huge rate to start with not fair?

In fact, they are being offered 125% on top.

Why 225% instead?

or;
Do you understand casuals can not live normal lives? never buy a home if credit is called for.

Crystal clear! Blame the unions, labor governments and UFD!

Remember, our country boomed once the UFD laws were watered down around 2000 and nobody can deny that!

As soon as labor mentioned UFD again, WE STOPPED!

or this FACT
Belly, we have had two recessions in modern time.

The early 90's, and most recently, 2008. Both time labor have been in power, both times they have made major chages to IR laws.

Facts, not fiction!

In fact
How did our country BOOM during WC if it was such a bad system?

Of cause, if you don't wish to debate me, you can always relay your message through DamBlack, as it appears that is the only person you wish to speak to.''Either way, you should at least give answers other than to blame the GFC. Krudd has the dibbs on that line.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 8 September 2009 5:54:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy