The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Global Financial Crisis - A Crisis of Credit and Faith?

The Global Financial Crisis - A Crisis of Credit and Faith?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
This is a new concept. We have a sponsor who has offered to pay for two OLO readers to go, as part of a larger group, to a lecture called "The Global Financial Crisis - A Crisis of Credit and Faith?" which is to be given by Professor Ian Harper, who until recently was head of the Fair Pay Commission. He is a committed Christian, and I assume that the lecture will be from a Christian viewpoint.

It is in Brisbane, so this offer would be limited to those on this forum who can attend a lecture here on Wednesday 2nd September at the Customs House at 6:00 p.m. The idea is to have a (non-sponsored) meal afterwards.

Notice is a bit late, but I need to get an indication by later today if anyone is interested. If there are more than two I'll randomly select. The offer is not limited to people who are Christian as the sponsor is keen to see a wide discussion of these issues.

I'm going, as I think this will be an interesting evening, but I don't count for one of the two.
Posted by GrahamY, Friday, 28 August 2009 12:47:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
you never cease to amase grayham quote<<..We have a sponsor who has offered to pay for two OLO readers to go, as part of a larger group,>>..i know its a hurried post but whats..the name of this group/...thinktank?

<<to a lecture called "The Global Financial Crisis - A Crisis of Credit and Faith?">>...who has the best chance in this one ...pro...saying there is no problem...or con..one posting every conspiricy of the banking cartels ....from roman times

<<which is to be given by Professor Ian Harper,..who until recently was head of the Fair Pay Commission...>>...do we get to ask him..about how this relates to that...or carbon tax implications

..is this the same fair pay commision...lol..that said freeze the minimum wage...just pre to the hyperinflation...all.. that new money ..will bubble into?

<<He is a committed Christian,..and I assume that the lecture will be from a Christian viewpoint.>>..jesus and the money changers..playing with exchange rates...what sort of xtian?...there are hundreds of sects...some are more asset friendly than others..[re dispensations]

<<It is in Brisbane,..so this offer would be limited to those..on this forum..who can attend a lecture here..on Wednesday 2nd September at the Customs House at 6:00 p.m...>>..im presuming we could go and listen...or try to pass the doorman..but also ...im excluding me as the option...for obvious reasons

im certainly not worthy..to represent the forum..to an important sponcer...i rekon belly...or yabby...or col..if foxey aint available

[can we bring significant other...only one pair or two?]
two singles?
Posted by one under god, Friday, 28 August 2009 2:18:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OUG as Queenslanders say A? no idea what you are on about, I meant me but suspect you haven't either.
Thanks GY I am interested but not taking up the offer, credit and faith put me off.
Hate to drive all the way up and settle in to hear God played a hand in our crisis.
Will try to go the other way, to forgotten Australians in Sydney next month.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 28 August 2009 4:03:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your wealth is always in your people and Global Corporatism ignores this reality at their peril.The philosophy of profit at any cost is pure folly.

The financial markets have fed of it's own expectation perverting the functioning of the real economy, thus we will now enter the second stage of our collapse.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 28 August 2009 10:43:14 PM
Dear Graham,

What a great offer and I certainly hope that
it will generate enough interest from
OLO members.

My recommendations - for whatever they're worth -
would be people like - CJ, Examinator, Pericles,
csSteele, Robert, Oliver, David f, Ludwig, Col Rouge,
Houellebecq, Belly, Fractelle, Bronwyn, Pelican,
just to name a few...

I would love to go - but my husband and I will be in
Sydney from 1st September for a week.

Whoever you choose Graham - I hope they'll give us a
write up on OLO - when they return.

Have fun.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 28 August 2009 11:22:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham

<< This is a new concept. >>

A few giveaways to achieve lots of free publicity - I'd say it's a fairly old concept myself.

It's your forum, Graham, but personally I don't think OLO should be used to promote any event with a religious connection.

Belly

<< .. credit and faith put me off. >>

:)

Foxy

I'd find most discussions on the GFC extremely interesting, but not this one I'm sorry. Thanks for including me in your list though. :)
Posted by Bronwyn, Saturday, 29 August 2009 9:56:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy