The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Kyle and Jackie O - a win for public opinion.

Kyle and Jackie O - a win for public opinion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 32
  9. 33
  10. 34
  11. All
Antiseptic,
I agree with StG you missed the point
Media watch said it best the show breached its own stations guidelines and those of ACMA.
The issue of if the rape took place or not the girl was a minor and should never been subjected to such humiliation.

Can we now expect you to air the chest nut that she probably 'asked for it'.

The rest of bit on MW showed that the K&J show was based on school yard bully mentality humour i.e. t&d and humiliation. The case of the girl who won(?) a comp to have a cousin brought to Aust only to torment and humiliate with threats on sending her back without them meeting... for entertainment? Bad taste is one thing but what they did as every day fare proves the adage "you can take the boy out of the gutter but never the gutter out of the man(?)" He's clearly a man with a chip on both shoulders and an ax to grind.
As for Jackie O (as in Oh dear) where was her morality as an adult? Her compliance/participation about the joke....Man in bar says to a woman "would you sleep with me for $1million?"
Woman: "Sure"
Man: "How about $50"
Woman: "No way what do you think I am?"
Man: "You established what you are now we're negotiating the price."

I wonder how either would react if their off spring were subjected to the same public humiliation. Not that well I'm guessing.
Jackie would cry to the mags and Kyle he'd get ubber agro if he thought it would make good copy. Both would make a $ but the children would be scared.
Posted by examinator, Tuesday, 4 August 2009 3:26:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Although, in Jackie O's defence, she is a vegetarian.
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 4 August 2009 3:51:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought and said the day it happened that is was totally irresponsible for anyone, other than a trainer professional, to ask such questions.

Also, what about the producer, don’t they all have one. What happened to them. After all, I doubt this would have happened without their approval.

I also feel there may be some motive behind the mothers plot. Perhaps an X involved, or maybe a relative. She may well of known about this but needed a way of getting it out in the open.

In any case, I am glad the show has been axed and that he has been dumped from AI. Perhaps now this may send a message to ALL these so called 'gurus' of the airways, that it's time for this type of crap to be replaced with decent material.

Personally, I listen to either the ABC or 4KQ, or occasionally B105, but not the breakfast rubbish, just the music in the arvo.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 4 August 2009 8:58:39 PM
I've actually never listened to the show either rehctub. Excluding the audio of various controversial "interviews".

Valid points on the producers of the show. I believe Jackie O was the bee behind the scenes, but you're right, they all have producers. Austereo, I believe, have lost multiple advertisers and THAT, I guarantee, will be a warning to all and sundry working at the station. Without advertisers no one gets paid.
Posted by StG, Tuesday, 4 August 2009 9:14:21 PM
I don't listen to the show (I don't even know if it's on air here in Townsville) and I haven't heard the segment. On the news, it was said that the girl was asked by her mother if she had had sex. She reminded her mother that she already KNEW her daughter had been raped. What sort of sick, cruel mother would ask her underaged daughter ON THE RADIO if she had had sex? What sort of sick, cruel mother would do this with the full knowledge that her daughter had been raped? I hope that mother lost a lot of friends that day, as well.

As for Kyle and Jackie O, I understand that their response was to try to make levity of the situation. Maybe they were stunned by the girl's revelation, but their response must have been inadequate. If they are going to use a lie detector on air, they must be prepared for any eventuality.

For once, I don't question the victim here. The victim is a teenaged girl who, coerced by her mother and lured by the opportunity to be on radio, revealed something quite terrible to the whole nation and, undoubtedly, to much of the world. She'll get over it one day, but I hope every other party in the sick farce is haunted by nightmares for the rest of their lives.
Posted by Otokonoko, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 12:46:39 AM
Sandilands, being the narcissist that he is will see himself as the victim. HE kinda reminds me of that Sam Newman fella that's always getting himself into trouble as well. Similar sort of attitude.

Sandilands will be hurting, no doubt about that. Hopefully this might jolt him back to earth so he can get on with a fulfilling career.

...time will tell.
Posted by StG, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 8:34:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 32
  9. 33
  10. 34
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy