The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Please explain..WHY?..do we love to hate others?

Please explain..WHY?..do we love to hate others?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
it suddenly struck me..listening to the news
how the tamil/tigers were rounded up and murded

how the china thing..is the same ethnic cleansing..[as is going down with every bomb...going off arround the world]

yeah im not putting the question correctly...but isnt the racist procicution of blacks..as racist as china/malayasia doing their ethnic cleansings

or hitler with the jews
or the bolchovics and the xtians
or the iran ethnic cleansing..as one race/type murders the other
or israel and gazans
or pakistan killing their northern tribes
or spain persicuting their basks..[or basks reportedly dropping bombs..under those who profile them?

but lets step back a bit...how about them bloomimg poms cheating at cricket...or your football team...beating the other team

or the damm druggies
or them homo's
the dole bludgers

explain to me ...how its not...ALL HATE...[mate]

them damm bankers
those damm libs
the holow-cost carbon/tax deniers
the gmo sellouts

we could all easilly stop and think
or PLEASE EXPLAIN?...how its not hate...mate?
damm unionists
damm capitalists
damm moderators
damm bloggers

please explain..[about what i do complain
not how i chose to say it

dare to ask your self...or explain
why do you..hate us/me so?
or explain..why we hate you?

have we been saturated..by/into hate via our movies/friends/peers/media?
...that we blindly hate..based on their miss-info..or worse OTHERS fears?

or...if you cant reply
dare to ask...why do we love..to hate others?
or is it just me?
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 1 August 2009 7:07:48 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
UOG, you go to such depths to try to get us going. We will probably never get over the hate thing. Hate is a manipulative thing, used to make us slaves of a certain group, and it is probably the most destructive of emotions.

Hate has its roots in tribalism. Tribalism is the curse of Africa and also of many parts of Asia, and was a problem even in Europe, and America. If you were not of our tribe you were sub human, in the eyes of the tribe. That meant you had no rights, could be murdered at will, women used as sexual objects, children treated as chattels, and one, only one philosophy teaches that this is bad.

The real reason that Jesus Christ was hung up, was that he was against tribalism. Initially the disciples tried to restrict Christianity to the Jews, but the Jews were and still are tribal, because they refused to accept the teachings. They had a chance to have Jesus Christ released and released Barabbas instead. Jesus knew he was going to be murdered. He sat in the garden and prayed, before his arrest, and asked His father which art in heaven, must I drink of this cup. The answer was yes, and when he was offered Roman Citizenship, and a get out of jail free card, by Pontius Pilate, he refused to accept it, and went willingly to his fate.

We are tribal too. We organize ourselves into political parties. We frown on members of the other party, and in some cases fanatics will not even associate with them. We are only covered with a thin veneer of civilization. It is not hard to find where this civilization has ended and tyranny begins. We will see how good the Prime Minister is if he manages to get the hate machines that are the Federal and Family Courts to abide the rules of the Constitution, and makes the High Court into a true instrument of peace.

If the Turnbull turns into a real Constitutionalist, love will convince him to compete, and offer true Christianity
Posted by Peter the Believer, Saturday, 1 August 2009 1:27:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its Saturday afternoon. I will go off the church in a bit, but I cannot help trying to answer UOG in a little greater depth. I think we love to hate because we are insecure in our own selves. It is a very simple human emotion to blame our own woes on someone else. It must be his or her fault, because I am perfect in every way. Hate is a most destructive emotion because the person hated usually cannot give a damn. People hate the way women are treated by their Muslim masters in Afghanistan, but the victims are as much Australian soldiers as Muslim women.

GWB hated the regime of Saddam Hussein, and that hatred, while killing millions of Iraqi’s also has killed an enormous number of his fellow Americans, and maimed and scarred for life an enormous number of the survivors. The Yanks could easily end the Afghanistan war, by legalizing heroin production, and letting all who want to grow and consume the rubbish do so. In fact it could be controlled like tobacco and alcohol, by taxation. The same with cocaine. Instead of junkies murdering people or robbing and stealing to get a fix, they could be simply stoned in the street, until they decided to die.

The drug war in Mexico, is killing thousands. All this is hate driven. At my church there are ex junkies. This is after all Sydney, the sin capital of Australia. These ex junkies are clean these days, not because the system that locked them up reformed them, but because they found the love of Jesus Christ overcame their hatred for society that led them to drugs.

There are women there who have had hard lives, but are turned around and are at peace with themselves. The reason for their peace is they have laid the burden they carry on Jesus Christ, and the first thing they are asked to do is forgive. With forgiveness to those who have sinned against them, comes their own forgiveness and they can then get on with their lives. So many do, its encouraging
Posted by Peter the Believer, Saturday, 1 August 2009 1:58:30 PM
Hate is a very misused word. In a lot of respects the english language needs to adjust to the realitys of hatred and come up with a few new descriptors.

For instance I hate broccoli is a lot different to I hate jews isnt it. But by the use of the same term it distorts and clouds the meaning and the differences are not made clear. We say we hate many things but they are not all equal and the difference are not made clear by just saying "I hate".

Hating anyone you dont know is a bit weird and not really what we do when we are racist etc. Time and again it has been shown that actually get two foes together and suddenly the hatred dissolves. Because it wasnt really hatred.

Hatred in the real world. Hatred up close and personal. Where you are faced with real hatred person to person is actually pretty rare. Thankfully. Why? Because that sort of thing ends very badly and the vast majority of people dont want confrontation and will do anything to avoid it.

Funny how in private or anonymously on the net so many feel they can be vile and hateful. Is that cowardly or what? and why do we use such a strong word about frivolous things like brocolli or cricket or people we have never met?
Posted by mikk, Saturday, 1 August 2009 3:02:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let's have a look at some the biggest haters of them all. These haters have thousands of years experience at hating and violence. They are called Christians.

Jesus was quite explicit in his condemnation of those who would not follow his teachings, saying to his disciples, " And if anyone will not receive you in your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that town. Truly, I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, than for that town". If Jesus had so little regard for nonbelievers, then why should any of his followers? If Jesus can relegate nonbelievers to an eternity of torment (probably the most extreme example of "HATE" known to mankind), then why should we expect higher standards from his followers?

The answer? We CAN'T. The proof is in the pudding - - - - - over two thousand years of Christian hate towards, and non acceptance of, nonbelievers. Historically, some of the most violent acts known to mankind have been committed by Christians in efforts to rule lands, dominate populations, destroy cultures and spread the Christian word.

They sure know how to hate!
Posted by Master, Saturday, 1 August 2009 3:15:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
one under god
"why do we love..to hate others?"
Are you sure that we love to hate others or the others love to hate us?
Who started to hate first and why?
can you find the root of the hate?
can you find the reason for the hate?
can you see where the love stop and start the hate?
Is the hate the begin from an other love or the end from an other hate?
How love can win the hate?
How the hate can be won by the hate?
Is the hate part of the love or the love part of the hate?
Can you hate to hate or can you love to love?
Do not ask me why I love to hate you but ask your self may be you can find the answer to you than to me!
May be you and me and others and olo exist as individuals ONLY as a hate!
May be you and me and others and olo does not exist with the love!
May be the hate is a mark of the love for our self!
May be the love is a mark of the hate for our self.
Do not ask me ask your self!
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by AnSymeonakis, Saturday, 1 August 2009 3:52:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy