The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ELECTION 2010

ELECTION 2010

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
There needs some referendum questions asked during the upcoming elections.
Should the federal govt take over the health care system.
Should the federal govt take control of the river murray system.
Should AU move toward a republic.
Should local councils be disbanded in favor of a central authority
Posted by Desmond, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 4:47:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I say yes to all of them.
But for me the real question is who will lead a trounced Liberal party after it.
Abbott is making a run but maybe Hockey?
ONLY CERTAINTY? no independents in the upper house Labor increases its majority.
And conservatives looking for a new leader.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 5:22:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I also say yes to all of the questions.

And belly, since you just can't help yourself, history shows that labor gets in, for a term or two, runs rieo and ruins the ecconomy, then the coalition gets back in and balances the books.

It's simply just a matter of time.

As for who will lead the coalition into the next election, I recon costelo may well make a come back. He may even get a lesson or two from beasly hey!

Ar, bring it on, I love it when you talk dirty!
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 8:07:27 PM
Costelo doesn't want to lead into 2010, & suffer a defeat. Who ever leads into that election will not still lead for the next, when Labor will have shot themselves in the feet, often enough for the average voter to notice.

That's the one Costelo wants to lead into, hence all the BS.

Otherwise rehctub, you're right, of course.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 10:27:53 PM
Chalk me up to another "yes to all".

As for rehctub's comments, it will be interesting to see how many people still buy that piece of conservative dogma after Swan's all-star handling of the Right-induced GFC. But then, the long Hawke/Keating reign and its economic reforms have been successfully glossed over, so why not?
Posted by Sancho, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 11:00:03 PM
I love it when we have a consensus topic - yes from me to all of the above as well :)

Mind you, at least two of the proposed questions would be doomed at a referendum.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 11:52:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy