The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Image Change in ALP

Image Change in ALP

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
It is interesting that the bones of what Kevin Rudd stands for are not that different to Beazley at all. The differences are superficial. The image style is only a generation change.

The Daily Telegraph printed an opinion poll last week that a vast majority of Australians wanted the change of leadership. The ALP responded to their call.

The Daily Telegraphy, in its usual sneaky way, then claimed yesterday that it was a weakness in the ALP machinery to dump "the most popular" choice: Beazly in favour of Rudd. The opinion polls were not mentioned any more. The story changed.

So much for the media's contribution to balanced reporting.

In image science you can notice interesting signals in an unspoken language.

My suggestion for Rudd is to try to stop the habit on licking his chops after every sentence. He starts to look like Wylie Kyote, ready for a failed attempt to catch the roadrunner.

He has a sensitive, dry mouth. This looks mean in photography and he needs to moisturise it diligently.

The Daily Telegraph has already picked on this yesturday in its choice of photography. He needs to and try to smile with his teeth more. Howard does--we don't even notice. Photographers and satire caricatures, do.

He has said that he will stay as himself and refuses to alter his image to something that he is not. This is not what image science tries to do at all. If anything, it strengthens the highlights of your personality.

Howard's response to Rudd with was his awful hands helicoptering all over the podium:
"They are in the past" he points to himself.

He knocked the mike twice, "this (: kapow :) is the future".

You always know when Howard is complacent and drinking. His hands are hilarious to watch.

So who is the real geek? We forget that Howard is the dark old geek with silver rims who was once "little Johnny". Kerry O’Brien is the smug red geek with gold rims, and Rudd is the pedantic new geek with rims like the APIA lady. Make your choice.
Posted by saintfletcher, Wednesday, 6 December 2006 3:38:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Saintfletcher,

I agree with you in essence..

Image, like it or not ,is everything in Politics.

It was Beazleys image, among other things, that bought him down in the end.

Overweight, a little apathetic and weary looking, the face of a 'nice guy' not images we associate with a cutting edge leader.

John Howard on the other hand, and I AM NOT a Howard supporter, to his credit gave the impression of fitness and tried to keep his political wit about him.

My very early impression of Rudd is , he's a bit thinskinned and maybe should lighten up a bit..has to be balance.

The licking lip thing I think I have seen it and will watch for it .:)
Posted by holyshadow, Thursday, 7 December 2006 8:47:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Image, like it or not ,is everything in Politics. sad but true. who was it that said "we must become the clever country". if my memory serves me right it was one of kevin rudd's predecessors. well, i hope that that predecessor isn't one rudd's role models. for image to be considered more important than effective good policy, economic management etc. is a sad reflection of our society & bizarre education of journalists. i mean a disaster in africa gets 15 seconds on telvision news whereas a socialite's antics or an athlete's excuses take up a minute. maybe the clever country is after that fork in the road and beyond that bridge that's still too far even after you cross it.
Posted by pragma, Sunday, 10 December 2006 9:23:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy