The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ten Thousand Boat People!

Ten Thousand Boat People!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. 59
  9. Page 60
  10. All
Because I say sustainability does not come first, does NOT mean I'm saying it comes second. Think about it for a while. Re read what I "actually" said.

Sustainability is no more, or no less, important than "people". They go hand in hand. Treating them as a separate entity would display a pretty basic lack of understanding of "workable" solutions that honour BOTH humans and sustainability.

This next statement is not directed at you Lud, but some of the most intolerant and inhumane people I have ever had the misfortune to know have been people who've devoted their lives to the improvement of the environment. Environmentalists are just like all groups of people, they contain both the good and the bad.

Like I said, sustainability and people are NOT separate entities. You can't successfully deal with one whilst not devoting the SAME attention to the other.
Posted by Master, Sunday, 26 July 2009 9:42:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very good Master. Thanks for that clarification.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 26 July 2009 9:59:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do not agree refugees are just driven by wars and conflict.
We should look deeper those wars and conflicts are driven often by over population.
And by reildgions differences.
Few want to look at birth control yet if we both dropped our fences and did not control birth rates we would soon become refugees.
The problem can be fixed but not without effort, even from refugees them selves, birth control law and peace in some country's and help from the west.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 27 July 2009 5:42:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. 59
  9. Page 60
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy