The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'Brilliant, fearless and without judgement': Take a closer look.

'Brilliant, fearless and without judgement': Take a closer look.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
A totally fearless man is one who does not experience remorse. Lack of remorse, like lack of judgement signals lack of a conscience. A person born without a conscience - a small percentage of society - technically fits into a large grouping of many subtypes -'organisational', 'occupational' and even 'criminal' to name a few. Not all are law-breakers. But they all have something in common: They bully others to gain control of people.
However; even those who are bullies, those without a conscience are entitled to be employed.
Although perhaps not as Leader of the Opposition. For a political leader is an influential person. Therefore we need to choose one for that position, who has a complete mind. Not one with something missing. Especially not something as essential as a conscience.
Posted by LadyAussieAlone, Sunday, 28 June 2009 1:25:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A thread already exists on this subject see Rudd Turnbull Swan lets talk.
No surprise for me in this mornings headlines.
Up early to use my download extra time to fix problems I have to admit a little, well not gloating but relief many share my views.
And that in politics at least I am not out of touch.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 29 June 2009 12:41:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
which woman should lead the opposition?
perhaps a patron of this forum, ms lucy turnball,
should get herself elected.
Posted by whistler, Monday, 29 June 2009 12:59:32 AM
Whistler you truly can not think only men get it wrong?
That women should run the world?
Have a look a very close look at the women in conservative politics.
What one of them would you have lead us?
Now look to my side of the house.
Much more to pick from, some may say Gilard.
But is she the one?
Once a leftist lawyer fighting for the underdog she no longer is.
Yes she is pugnacious yes she is doing a good job.
But did you see another headline this morning?
How bosses are rushing filthy agreements before July?
So hotel and hospitality workers can be serfs?
Women get it wrong too not sure? look at you post history then into the mirror.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 29 June 2009 5:04:37 AM
Belly, in my view the world should be run
by agreement between women and men.
Kevin Rudd is surrounded by competent women.
it would be great to see women
stepping forward 'on the other side'
in preparation for a robust Senate,
when the Senate becomes the women's legislature
of an Australian Republic.
Posted by whistler, Monday, 29 June 2009 9:59:59 AM
There are many websites that
give lists of qualities that a Leader
should possess - as well as texts for
students studying organisational behaviour
and management subjects. For a political Leader
the following qualities seem to be
important:

1) Integrity
2) A deep understanding of politics
3) Consistency
4) Willingness to admit a mistake
5) Ability to listen
6) Decisiveness

I'd add being patient is important too.

The electorate usually decides which Leader
is the one they want running the country.
At present - it seems satisfied
with the PM they have. The Leader of the
Opposition - unfortunately has displayed
a major lack in some of the qualities listed -
thereby diminishing his chances of leading
his Party to success in the next election.
The mud he's tried to sling - has ended up sticking
to him.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 29 June 2009 11:11:10 AM
Once the deer is down, or should I say The Stag who leads the herd, the dogs rush in and even the pups will attack.I am glad that Rudd is the P.M. and I trust him to be compassionate.One big difference is one that most people miss- the Labor Party doesn't allow a member to cross the floor- good or bad? Let's hear from voters.
Posted by DIPLOMAN, Monday, 29 June 2009 2:13:35 PM
Does anyone know the name of the main grouping to which I referred?
Generally mentioning this creates a highly emotional response, because of how the media has illustrated one of the subgroupings and magnified same so that people think 'criminal' is the only group of these 'people without a conscience'. But they are not all criminals. I was referring to a mental deficiency, but it probably is irrelevant anyway, as people with same deficiency could never survive long in our political system, without causing injury to themselves. Last week just shows that. Qualities mentioned by others are those of a person with a balanced, complete intellect. Brilliance alone does not cut it. Ironically, we have also seen how artistic brilliance can self-destruct, and all in the same week.
Posted by LadyAussieAlone, Monday, 29 June 2009 2:52:15 PM
Belly
It has been shown there is limited productivity in entering into discussion with one who engages in psychopathological behaviour. The carrot and stick approach so far has been the only way employers have been able to exert limited control over their destructive bullying. We can be grateful they are only a small percentage of society. To date, I have not clearly identified any others besides this one, in Political parties.
Posted by LadyAussieAlone, Monday, 29 June 2009 2:57:44 PM
Choosing who will be "Leader of the Opposition" in this country is a matter determined exclusively by elected liberal party parliamentarians.

Anyone elses puerile opinion is not worth breaking wind over.
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 29 June 2009 4:19:57 PM
alpha male LadyAussieAlone,
best handled by men.
Posted by whistler, Monday, 29 June 2009 4:44:11 PM
As long as it's a woman like Margaret Thatcher.

Oops, forgot. The females who want a woman PM are all of the Left wing variety.
Posted by Leigh, Tuesday, 30 June 2009 11:00:03 AM
Foxy,

The electorate does not decide which leader they want running the country. The electorate votes for some fool representing the party. The party decides it's leader.

Are you too young to vote, or are you just plain gormless?
Posted by Leigh, Tuesday, 30 June 2009 11:06:44 AM
Dear Leigh,

We can't all know everything - especially since
I'm still a novice at this - but Thanks to Elders
such as yourself, I'm a fast learner.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 July 2009 3:16:08 PM
Noted that post, did not think it deserved an answer but you proved me wrong Foxy, well said
Love the elder bit grumpy came to mind too.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 July 2009 5:12:36 PM
ALA:"Does anyone know the name of the main grouping to which I referred?"

Narcissists?
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 2 July 2009 5:28:56 PM
Dear Belly,

Thanks for your comments.

I should have added for Leigh that
Yes - the Party selects their Leader - but
they select a Leader that they feel the Electorate
will vote for - otherwise why bother? So, in actual
fact, the Party Leader must be acceptable (a winner)
in the eyes of the Electorate.

Dear Piper,

The grouping could well be narcissists as you suggest,
however from the description that's given they sound
like 'Machiavellian,' politicians - whose public figure
images are above reproach while privately they act amorally
to achieve their goals. They know the difference between
political realism and political idealism - and they
practice it... Turnbull is a great 'Prince,' or example
of a "Machiavellian," politician.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 July 2009 6:54:00 PM
“The grouping could well be narcissists as you suggest,
however from the description that's given they sound
like 'Machiavellian,' politicians - whose public figure
images are above reproach while privately they act amorally
to achieve their goals. They know the difference between
political realism and political idealism - and they
practice it... Turnbull is a great 'Prince,' or example
of a "Machiavellian," politician.”

Foxy you left me so far behind with that one, did they practice the real or the ideal? I’m figuring the real - and the rest seems to describe any politician or political group anywhere aye, but was LAA after a party or a disorder or a label when she was talking about the group and the sub groups that one of which was sometimes considered criminal?

I didn’t really pay much attention to that utegate thing or understand why such a fuss is made when they are caught lying – is it that they are caught that is to their discredit? I can’t figure why Pru Goward would support the slow dismantling of DoCS function, she’ll have nothing to take over. Do they ever care or is it just a job with a salary and any department will do?
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 2 July 2009 10:49:53 PM
Gday all, worth a read of the Australian this morning.
Storey headed Humpty Dumpty about Turnbulls fall from grace.
As any one noticed just how much the tide has turned?
Turnbull unlike some boat people is going the other way.
Seeking refugee in Afghanistan,,, from his own made mess!
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 July 2009 5:27:51 AM
OK, so noone understood what I was talking about. Never mind. The discussion which ensued, even though it digressed completely from what I was saying, is of some value. To some, anyway. I also now have a good idea of the backgrounds of others here. So in a way, it was educational to me as well. Happy chatting.
Posted by LadyAussieAlone, Sunday, 5 July 2009 3:36:38 PM
LAA? What was the answer?

At least let me know if I understood the question.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Sunday, 5 July 2009 4:28:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy