The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Indian Students and Press Frenzy

Indian Students and Press Frenzy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
Hey Runner, it didn’t seem to be immigrants either but Australian born and raised peoples.

But the Indian students are immigrants as the article says they want to stay here.

I’d suggest it is easy to blame the police, mostly because it is there job isn’t it, to protect people? They also seem to have known about the area a long time.

Police didn’t stop the elderly ladies getting mugged they waited for the focus to shift to young Indians. Stella.
Posted by Jewely, Thursday, 11 June 2009 8:18:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh,
SMH commentator, Miranda Devine agees with your view on better policing and so do I.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/when-police-look-the-other-way-20090610-c3kp.html

This situation has come about because police failed to take action when the complaints first came in. Exactly the same happened at Cronulla before the beach goers decided they had to act for themselves.

Victoria may be next to see the Indian students seek revenge and who would blame them.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 11 June 2009 11:45:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The best way to solve a problem is to recognize that it exists, to be honest, to be fair, to win the trust and respect from the victims. If the authorities close their eyes, if they do not accept that there is a problem, if they underestimate the problem if they try to cover the attackers then a small, a simple problem become a big problem, a very big problem which could cost lifes and billions of dolars. If I was a beaurocrat and Indian Students come to me and tell me that there are 1400 indian victims I will tell them that I think there are more, that "we have 11 attacks more but we are not sure yet!" With this simple move we can win their trust, after that the solusion of the problem is easier.
Migrants or foreign students heard many bad stories about the Australian authorities or police and avoid them.
I heard a story from a dutch friend that when they came to Australia his father was working as shop cleaner, one day a young boy threw a stone and broke a window. They went to police and police kept them all day because they suspected that they broke the window. I am sure there are many stories (between migrants and foreign students) like this story plus migrants and foreiggn students do not trust the authorities, because in their countries they are corrupted . In Indian parliament there are more than 80 MPs who blamed as killers or criminals etc.
Australian authorities or police should be carefull with migrants and foreign students if they want to win their trust and cooperate with them. I know this is not good but this is a reality and we can not ignore it if we want to solve the problem.
Australian authorities and especialy the police must improve their relations with migrants or Foreign students. These problems is much easier at early stages, if we allow the to biuld up is because there is not trust and cooperation between police and migrants or foreign students
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 11 June 2009 5:14:10 PM
Some of the champions of multiculturalism are now blaming Police for the the mess they created. Seems strange that those screaming the loudest are those who championed such a destined failure. One would have to be a mug to be a Policeman or woman these days. Those on the left demand protection from the idiotic situations they have made. Broken Britain is fast becoming broken Australia. (and yea it is all the white males fault) get it stupid!
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 June 2009 5:46:34 PM
runner
"Broken Britain is fast becoming broken Australia" I do not know what do you mean with the "Broken Britain" but I know Australia try to find its self, to improve the understanding and cooperation between its citizens, to bring its citizens closer, warm their relations and promote their mutual benefits.
I understand that there is a small, very small minority from Australians who does not like some of the new Australians, as muslims , asians etc but we are patient and we know this small minority soon or later will change mind about asian or muslims as they changed mind before about Greeks or Italians.
You are not the only white or european in this country, you are not the only Australian citizens who love and care for this country, it is not only your children and grandchildren who will live in this country but our children and grandchildren too.
We call you to come with us, with the big Australian family and all together create the common future of our country.
You are wrong if you believe we are racists, it is wrong if you think we are against anglo ausie.
I have many evidences in my hands how many times I supported anglo ausies and if you are in doupt I can give them to you.
I AM SURE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION BETWEEN AUSTRALIANS WILL BE VERY USEFULL FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 11 June 2009 10:12:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy