The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Indian Students and Press Frenzy

Indian Students and Press Frenzy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
Jewely, I was referring to the original topic - about Indian students in Australia being subject to violent attacks. The point I was elaborating on is that the damage to our international reputation from recent publicity about this thuggery is likely to have profoundly negative economic results unless something is done to restore an expectation of safety and security in our society.

Education is a major export earner for Australia - and press such as this can only be damaging to our interests:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090606/wl_time/08599190303800
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 9 June 2009 10:09:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Antonios,

I couldn't respond to you earlier because I had used
up all of my posts. Now I can.

Firstly, let me set the record straight for you.

My parents fled to Australia following WWII and the
second Soviet occupation of their country.
Indeed, this was a long, and personal journey
where they suffered many tragedies. Discrimination,
was a relatively minor one. And I've also had
my fair share as well, even though I was born in
Australia.

My parents however taught me that you can't be
responsible for other people's actions. Only your
own. And that no-one can define you or demean you -
except you yourself. They taught me to not be
restricted by the parameters of others - to make
my own parameters - and try to be the best that I
can be. They also taught me that the only way to
achieve anything in this country was through
education.

As a result of this attitude - sure I came across
many prejudicial people - but I didn't allow that
to keep me down. It wasn't easy, because they came
to this country with nothing, but the clothes on their
backs, but
like my parents - what we
achieved was through sheer hard work, sacrifice,
determination, and perserverance.
Enriching ourselves and - Australia accordingly.

You're right about one thing. I obviously live in a
different world to you, only because I see things
differently, and as a result I don't seem to have the
problems that you do.

The point that I was trying to make to you Antonios -
was this:

You can't keep doing what you've been doing,
And expect different results.

Any adult with any cognitive skills understands that.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 9 June 2009 10:14:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Benk would it be easier (like Col pointed out) to be a target because of race… Indians being smaller (and I didn’t know this) but having money if they are obviously students. Fractelle pointed out somewhere about bullying.

Me I’m on the fence, it is bullying because of both races.

Not many or even many groups can defend themselves adequately against a mob of Sa’s although I have witnessed the odd person try, gets bloody messy but I would suggest the Indians get some Maori mates.

Antonios, I am just learning about management in Australia… not even a black belt in karate would help me or a group of Samoans at my back. They aren’t being racist and certainly do not care what creed I am but I am feeling the full force of bullying from White Australian Females in Management towards someone who is not even an employee.

Now, unlike the poor little Indians, I have time to work out how to fight them or if I should just lie down and wait for the boot to go in.

CJ, yes Aussie should make its people safer, of course. Could we start with the foster children? The Australian taxpayers could save a fortune by not privatising foster care.

Foxy: “You can't keep doing what you've been doing, And expect different results.”

Foxy this doesn’t work anywhere; Being a good person, keeping your head down and ignoring injustice leads to a quiet life. Or like the Indian boys, the crap being beaten out of you.

Antonios defends others, he sees more because he is looking.

My children have only been in Oz for three years, they look and sound like white Aussies so don’t get hassled like the other obvious immigrants to this land. Oh yeah – except hassled by the Lebanese.[smile]
Posted by Jewely, Wednesday, 10 June 2009 9:51:00 AM
A bit more information now coming forth about the 'racist' attacks on Indian students.

http://www.smh.com.au:80/national/harris-park-violence-going-on-for-years-20090610-c2z0.html

Looks like these attacks, with robbery the motive, has been going on for years and the police and other authorities have done little about it. They are racist because they are carried out mainly by a particular group at Harris Park and first aimed at aged anglo Aussie people and now at Indian students. Sounds very much like Cronulla where the beach goers put up with the bad behaviour of the Lebs for years without authorities taking action. Now I wonder if the Indian students will be called 'racist rioters' by the media if they take direct action to reclaim the streets.

These gangs apparently are 2nd and 3rd generation Lebanese muslims and have no respect for anyone else, not even other muslims. The Lebanese muslims have a reputation for crininal and anti-social behaviour. Most people who have daily contact, particularly females, attest to this. On a bigger scale there was the Cronulla situation and the reprisal attacks in other suburbs, the gang rapes of targeted anglo-Aussie girls and now the Harris Park matter.

Maybe it is time we put a stop to further immigration of Lebanese muslims.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 10 June 2009 5:35:01 PM
Foxy part one
If your post about me and equal opportunities is a JOKE, I accept it, not very smart but it is a joke, if your post is you conclusion about me and the equal opportunities in working places then your conclusions are CHILDISH!
Your conclusion not only prove how unfair you are with me but THAT YOU NEVER WAS INTERESTED FOR MIGRANTS RIGHTS IN WORKPLACES, THAT YOU NEVER WAS INTERESTED FOR WOMEN RIGHTS IN WORKPLACES THAT YOU NEVER WAS INTERESTED FOR THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES IN WORKPLACES BECAUSE IF YOU WAS INTERESTED ABOUT THEM THEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT THERE ARE ONE MILLION WAYS TO VIOLATE THEIR RIGHTS!
I send many posts in this forum but it seemed you did not read them or you did not understand them,my english is very bad!
You speak for hard work, I HAVE THE EVIDENTS IN MY HANDS, I PAID TAXATION, DO YOU KNOW MANY PEORPLE IN AUSTRALIA THAT HAVE WORKED SO HARD AS ME? One time, from 1/7/94-2/10/94 my income from my work was about $25.000, in 4 months $25.000 but my wage then was very low, about 12.50 per hours. It is easy to find how many hours I was working per day, how many days per week. If Foxy check my working hours maybe I was for many years at the TOP from all Australians PLUS I was sole parent.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
continue
Posted by ASymeonakis, Wednesday, 10 June 2009 6:07:19 PM
Banjo, weren’t the Melbourne attackers described as Islanders and now the Sydney ones are down to the Lebs but originally they were just picking on old white women? I’m watching TV and the Indians on the news being rather naughty.

Maybe Aussie is just rather violent; apparently everybody hates everybody else, which is quite fair.

Now this is bad but there are some white Australians with a lot of power causing huge abuses of people behind the scenes and that is all ignored daily by the rest of the country and this abuse has been done to people in this country for longer than those boys in gangs have been alive.

Stop the violence form the top down eh?
Posted by Jewely, Wednesday, 10 June 2009 6:08:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All