The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A New Punctuation Mark

A New Punctuation Mark

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
A new punctuation mark needs to be created that could serve certain purposes.
A good example would be getting out of useless forum topics that have been diverted beyond recall by supposed contributors who actually want to destroy any meaningful thread.
I propose some symbol that looks like a small pretzel with an arrow pointing to the right, mid centre for a small distance.
It could equally point to the left for those who write Arabic, or either up or down in more esoteric texts.
The main feature of the symbol would be its ability to say something like –
I’ve finished saying what I need to say/ goodbye and sod anyone who comments afterwards.

I have already spoken with and come to agreement with Murdoch and Gates and have lodged patent application # X (deleted for confidentiality purposes)

In a few months time I have reasonable expectation that I’ll be able to depart any forum destroyed by fools without losing face merely by making use of my own squiggle.
Such a shame that I cannot use it now without giving away the secret.
Posted by A NON FARMER, Wednesday, 27 May 2009 10:00:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You know, following your lead, I had a thought that maybe my next forum moniker should be A NON GAY, since I respect gay people. But then I thought, no, maybe people might get the wrong idea.

I had the wrong idea about you for sure, Mr Drama Llama.
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 28 May 2009 12:04:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
forgive me
non framer..if i refuse to take your symbolism
non seriously...lol

on thunking on your mark..[i come to the conclusion the two arrows symbolise miss directiom..how i visualise your ...lol.. mark..is a plus sign with points on it like one fat non-devil with two tails

so tell me how you going to get computer manufacturors..to put your non-symbolic sinballick x claim ation point....on our key bored...lol..and anyhow im bored now

[your the non key]..mon due..[french]..it occures to me a mon key

the mon-key on your back has become a non key...lol
love ya bro

your one of the few i know i can take seriously
non seriously...lol..[of course]

non sense..as..[use-you-all]
..lol
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 28 May 2009 12:22:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You NON FARMER have started several threads complaining about other posters.
You have taken part in a few more, same thought, only you get it right.
Have you looked at you own posts? try that look at each of them once again.
Old age can be a reason for entrenched grumpyness.
Some times it helps to smile.
If its not age maybe its worth looking into.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 28 May 2009 4:32:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poor bugger's a gingerbeer, Belly, which means he KNOWS he's right, he doesn't have to guess...
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 28 May 2009 7:19:46 AM
Makes me wonder why some are here, if only to complain and harp, what's the point? Perhaps a better mark would be a pair of brackets, containing a large pair of letters...an F and an O !
Posted by Maximillion, Thursday, 28 May 2009 7:44:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy