The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The GREAT BIKINI MARCH ...what is it ?

The GREAT BIKINI MARCH ...what is it ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20879483-2702,00.html

Muslim boys urinate on, spit on, and burn Bible. (MELBOURNE)

That would be another reason to have the march, but perhaps the destination should be changed to the SCHOOL where these boys went.

But, not really, because the Bikini march is not a 'Christian' event per se.

I would love though, to see a heap of my Christian brothers and sisters trot along and demonstrate just how peacefully we can be in the face of behavior which would normally have the raging masses of muslims on the streets calling for blood and guts if the matter at issue was the Quran being desecrated.

Maybe.. we can see. But the most important point is to show that Jesus taught

Matt 5
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[i] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

So, maybe we can go there and hand out little gift packs to the Muslims ? :)

My only serious desire as a result of this type of thing, is that we are protected against volatile reactions and be free to criticize Islam and Mohammed truthfully. I don't plan on calling Fred Phelps and family to zip over here and dance on the graves of newly slaughtered Muslim boys. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, as I have loved you" John 13:34
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 6 December 2006 7:44:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz,

In case your memory is a little short, the Qur'an was placed into urine (a toilet) in Guantanamo bay by Christian Americans. Perhaps those kids were just imitating what they'd heard others (Christian Americans) doing?

Either way, what they did was disgraceful, and no Muslim has condoned it. For us, we consider sacred books to be inviolable items that should not be desecrated in such a manner.

But the reality of it is that you should look to where they got the idea from.
Posted by Abu Rashid, Wednesday, 6 December 2006 9:25:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't hold your breath waiting for our pre-eminent anti-Muslim crusader to acknowledge the deceit in his posts about the Muslim school, Abu. I've noticed that when he's caught out telling fibs or the sheer idiocy of some of his claims is pointed out, he sort of scuttles back under his rock and pops up again on another thread.

In this case, several posters have pointed out that the school in question expelled the perpetrators and called in a senior imam to counsel the students about respecting Christianity and the bible, but Boaz has chosen to conceal this very relevant fact in his various rants about this incident. That makes him a liar in my book (which is neither the Q'uran or the Bible).
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 7 December 2006 6:40:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Abu ...welcome to OLO. I've not seen you before so please feel free to contribute. I don't mind how passionately you make your views known, and unlike the Sydney Islamic forum where any 'upalatable' views are immediately censored, that won't happen here. (unless its profanity and extreme personal abuse)

C.J. is right..I am an adamant and passioanate 'anti Islam' personality here so you will need to be quite emotionally robust to interact on that level. I'm quite happy for Christianity and Christian history to be scrutinized and criticized with the 'gloves off'.

I beg to differ on C.J. assessment of me as 'deceptive'. It's quite true that the boys were expelled. An Imam was called. 'damage control'.
I take the view that what the boys did is just the outward manifest example of what many think anyway but don't do anything about.

The Guantanimo issue ? Well.. I know it was beaten up in the Arabic press. I know some people died in subsequent protests, but can you point to actual evidence that it happened ? If it did, I doubt that it was done by 'Christian' soldiers. There is a difference between "Americans" and "Americans who know Christ". You were actually superimposing and "Islamic" view of religion on them.
True Christianity is a relationship, not a culture.
cheers mate.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 7 December 2006 7:12:42 AM
CJ, Thanks for the warning, but he seems tame enough to me. Nothing wrong with him expressing his view, but he must realise he's going to be accounted for his lack of fairness and accuracy in representing Muslims in this manner.

Boaz, I likewise could retort that those schoolkids don't know Islam very well, and were acting out of unIslamic character, so the same goes both ways. Also it's well known that American soldiers have desecrated Islamic sites and articles all over the place, not just in Guantanamo Bay. If you like I can post for you pictures of US soldiers desecrating mosques and other Islamic sites/articles. Also US tanks with crucifixes hanging from them and many other pictures which confirm the fact that some Christian American soldiers have engaged in anti-Islamic behaviour. No doubt you'll claim it's just more propaganda from Arabic media outlets, but the fact is, it happens. Get over it, and realise it probably has some effect on teenage boys in Australia, who happen to be from Muslim families.

And in case you weren't aware, school camps for 13 yo. boys are the most likely place for stupid and idiotic actions to occur. I'm sure non-Muslim 13 yo. boys probably do similar or worse things than this.
Posted by Abu Rashid, Friday, 8 December 2006 6:30:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Abu Rashid, you are missing a key part of BD's logic.

People who may see themselves as christain are not if they do things which are inconveniant to the way BD wants the christian faith to be seen whereas all muslims are muslim regardless of how they act.

Likewise any part of the Bible that is inconvenient has passed away under the new covenant but muslims will be held acountable for the most extreme interpretation of the Quran BD can imagine regardless of how muslims choose to interpret those sections.

It's all so simple really and saves BD from having to address a lot of otherwise difficult issues. Or we can just assume that the term deceptive was an example of CJ pulling his punches.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 8 December 2006 7:06:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy