The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Victims of Prostitution: the wives

Victims of Prostitution: the wives

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. All
Hullo everyone - I'm back - Mrs Pierno in her fifties. Isn't it great to live in a democracy! If he wasn't happy, he should have gone. I don't like sneaks. I don't want to be associated with anyone who goes to prostitutes. That's my right, aged 16 or 60. Plenty more men want me, don't worry. He can go to prostitutes whenever he likes or do whatever he likes, but not with me. I want every woman to have the financial and social power to do and say that. As to prostitutues, you're entitled to your opinion. I don't invite them to dinner.
Posted by mrs pierno, Thursday, 19 March 2009 3:33:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry StG, didn't mean to ignore you. Ask whatever you like.
Posted by mrs pierno, Thursday, 19 March 2009 4:06:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can see how it would be shattering to find out this information but...

'I imagine that this is what a victim of rape feels like.'

Frankly I don't think you can compare the two, and in fact I 'imagine' that statement would be quite offensive to rape victims. You know, people that actually have been violated.

'I have no legal redress for this absolute violation of my rights.'

Meh. People are always banging on about their 'rights'. You have no right to dictate the behaviour of your husband. You married him, he broke the marriage vows, you are within your 'rights' to end the unhappy union, but that's about it.

'No legal redress'. And well there shouldn't be. The government has no place interfering in peoples bedroom antics.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 19 March 2009 4:47:24 PM
BTW Foxy,

'(probably glued his penis to the side
of his leg with super-glue, and shaved his head while
he slept - or worse - depending on my mood at the time).'

Nice to see you condone violence against men. So, if a man stapled his wife's genitals shut because she had an affair, would you feel that it's justified?
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 19 March 2009 4:54:15 PM
Betrayal is an awful experience and I would feel the same way in your position mrs pierno.

As others have said the fault is entirely with your husband because he betrayed your trust.

I don't like prostitution either because much of it fuelled by drug addiction, desperation and in the worst cases people trafficking.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 19 March 2009 5:01:16 PM
I am sorry for you,welcome to the forum.
However sex is not one sided your husband did what millions of other are doing.
Believe me the true victims are not the wives, think about those who need to do this to buy drugs.
We one day must get away from the idea sex is unnatural, it drives every living thing.
I too think the real victim is those who must sell their body's.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 19 March 2009 5:25:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy