The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the Bible inerrant, infallible or God's word?

Is the Bible inerrant, infallible or God's word?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. 37
  9. Page 38
  10. All
The point about this whole thread was I wasn't questioning people's faith in God...I am questioning the accuracy of the Bible being called God's word.

Many who have posted here have blurred the two.

Jesus allegedly said "The wise man builds his house upon the rock" doesn't that apply here. The Bible is shifting sand at best!

I do not know if there is a God or not. I do not know whether Jesus was the Son of the God or a good man.

I do know however that the Bible is a very poor guidebook. I do not hold the OT in any regard whatsoever. It seems to be the old one sided writings of the Israelites who justified all manner of terrible things by saying it was "from God".

To see so many people in the modern world who believe in it's accuracy is astounding.

The gospels, whilst holding more interest for me, are also very flawed.

On judgement alone Jesus allegedly doesn't know what he is doing.

John 5:22 "The Father has committed all judgement to the Son."
John 8:16 "My judgement is true..."
John 9:39 "For judgement I have come into the world."

BUT he also says

Luke 12:14 "Who made me a judge?."
John 12:47 "I did not come to judge but to save."
John 3:17 "God did not send the Son to judge the world."
John 8:15 "I judge no one."

From the ACTs on this is man's teachings and interpretations. Anyone with half a brain should object that Paul in 1 Timothy 2 11-12 oppresses women! One man's view oppressing a gender is outrageous!

A loving caring God would never agree to such rubbish!

The Bible is a seriously flawed document. Why haven't your preachers told you these things?

So is teaching the Bible's unintelligent God actually sacrilege and a blasphemy against God? Why do Churches teach God is so unintelligent?

Don't be scared to have an opinion...as shown earlier God knew humans would eat of the fruit...so he must want you to have a questioning mind!
Posted by Opinionated2, Thursday, 23 April 2009 11:20:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Op2,

The answer to your question: "Is the Bible inerrant, infallible or God's word?" is: "No".

You have made your point, let's give it a rest, OK? :)
Posted by Sympneology, Friday, 24 April 2009 1:54:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Opinionated2 wrote: “I don’t know if there is a God or not. I do not know whether Jesus was the Son of the God or a good man.”

Was Jesus a good man?

People coming to Jerusalem to worship at the Temple needed to buy food and get a place to stay. Without local money that might be hard to do. Driving the moneychangers out who were serving a function for visitors makes as much sense as trashing the money change facilities in the Sydney airport.

Cursing the fig tree because it wouldn't bear fruit out of season for him was a megalomaniacal act.

MATTHEW 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

This is a jealous, possessive love. A loving saviour would not demand that people make a choice between him and one's family.

In the Crusades western Christians slaughtered Muslims, Orthodox Christians, Jews, Lithuanians and others. In the Inquisition Christians burned people at the stake. Christians slaughtered Christians in the Wars of the Reformation. These murders were committed in the name of Christ.

Why have Christians behaved that way?

Lord Jesus Christ!

The Lord is not a toad, bacterium, walrus or human. He is not Odin, Zeus, Jupiter or Jesus Christ. A man is not god. To my way of thinking it is horribly wrong. It is Christian belief, but it simply sounds like blasphemy to me.

The classical pantheon of gods was reduced to one humanoid god when Christianity was invented.

When one gets away from the confusion of Jesus Christ and God the connection between the horrible acts of Christians and Jesus becomes perfectly clear.

"No one comes to the Father but by me" (John 14:6) is simply a bigoted and arrogant statement made by a bigoted and arrogant man. His followers under the delusion that he was God have acted out his bigotry and arrogance.

Possibly Jesus was neither the Son of the God nor a good man.
Posted by david f, Friday, 24 April 2009 2:23:10 AM
Sympneology,

Whilst that was a very pleasant request for me to cease and desist, I would, except the churches won't stop teaching this rubbish.

The story of Jesus has been taught wrongly for over 2000 years...I have been only teaching the corrections for a bit over a month and a half.

Have you asked the churches to stop the false teachings?

Afterall they are allegedly representing honesty and integrity in the community. How did they get such a status when what they teach is false?

Davidf,

You ask some very relevant questions. If Jesus lived, and if Jesus was the Son of God, he couldn't have made so many mistakes.

That is why I have tried to always use the words "Jesus allegedly said". The Gospels are allegedly man's remembrances of what Jesus said.

As can be seen from the quotes I listed on Jesus' alleged role of judging it seems Jesus himself was unclear!

Some of what Jesus allegedly said was in deed unGodly and presents him as a not so kindly person. If he was the Son of God, he celebrated the passover which is a particularly unpleasant representation of God's alleged power.

When I read the Gospels Jesus seems to be getting very frustrated and annoyed as his ministry progresses. If he was sent to save us from sin he knew his plight...He knowing all things knew he would be handed over to be crucified, he knowing all things knew man would let him down.

Why then the anger and frustration?

What he allegedly said about setting families against each other was outrageous! Matthew 10:35-39

Sometimes his message is very confused and very contradictory and yet Christians read over it without question... Amazing

If Jesus was the Son of an all knowing, all seeing God, and was there at creation and onwards he sure has a lot of blood on his hands. How do Christians then call him loving?

Simply put the whole concept is unintelligent!
Posted by Opinionated2, Friday, 24 April 2009 11:29:16 AM
Waterboy,

I don't believe the literal truth of the Bible. Which bits do you believe are literally true?

I believe, (if God exists), suggesting that he killed all the first-born of Egypt OR that he murdered innocent children and babies in Noah's flood OR that he came up with the Mad Moses' laws is the greatest sacrilege possible!

If he exists he is intelligent, not stupid, and to state that he did these things would be blasphemous!

But you didn't answer any of my questions in my last post! Please at least try!

It is not what you learnt in the seminary that is important, it is what is taught in your Churches. Is teaching fiction as fact a sin?

How does your Church teach the Passover?

If the last supper was the Passover meal - Why would Jesus (the son of God) celebrate something that never happened?

Jesus actually didn't break the rule about the Sabbath. He healed people on the Sabbath. Mark 2:23-26 is a very reasonable explanation!

However, aren't you being very selective in your discussion of Matthew 5:18...not the least point nor the smallest detail of the law will be done away with...."?

By changing an unequivocal statement to a much softer statement aren't you manipulating Jesus' word to suit yourself? Is this mischievous?

I do think Jesus would have a problem with you calling what I say as "mischievous misrepresentation". Your Bible, Christian Churches and preachers misrepresent not me!

Forget the straw man rubbish..please answer the questions? My quotations are directly from your Bible!

Finally, the gospels, whilst holding more interest for me, are also very flawed.

On judgement alone Jesus allegedly doesn't know what he is doing.

John 5:22 "The Father has committed all judgement to the Son."
John 8:16 "My judgement is true..."
John 9:39 "For judgement I have come into the world."

BUT he also says

Luke 12:14 "Who made me a judge?."
John 12:47 "I did not come to judge but to save."
John 3:17 "God did not send the Son to judge the world."
John 8:15 "I judge no one."
Posted by Opinionated2, Thursday, 14 May 2009 1:07:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. 37
  9. Page 38
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy