The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Taking Advantage of Daylight Saving

Taking Advantage of Daylight Saving

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A group to which I subscribe is desperately attempting to reschedule its regular meeting time so that it doesnt clash with other meetings. It is posing all sorts of problems. But the solution is simple. For about the last 30 or so years we have had daylight saving in many of the states. That amounts to about 30,000 hours of day light saved. or 12,500 days. That means we have saved sufficient days to be able to go over to an 8 day week. This 8th day would be called Metday. Metdays would be used for meetings - nothing else - no work would get done (afterall who ever heard of work getting done in a meeting?) but at least there will be one day where we are all free to meet.
Posted by BAYGON, Friday, 20 February 2009 10:56:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Me thinks that might bugger up Christmas and other holidays.
Octal weeks would reduce my super too? and make how much younger? it would also mean I'll die younger eeek!
And besides which I detest most meetings a whole day of them....pass.
Numbers never were my strong point. :-)
Posted by examinator, Friday, 20 February 2009 1:58:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear BAYGON,

Why couldn't the week be ten days, everything else
is decimal.

We'd have 6 weeks to a month, 6 months
to the year, 36 weeks in a year, and five days to spare
for meetings.

Those five days could be spread out at
convenient times, depending on the seasons, which
would give you more time to plan for meetings.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 20 February 2009 4:49:39 PM
Foxy love please,
Ten hours per day, 100 minutes per hour! Struth 30 minutes watching Christopher Pyne being a git on TV is bad enough but 50 minutes …fair crack of the whip that’s grounds for the human rights commission to prosecute the ABC for inhuman treatment.
30 minutes in the dentist chair would become 50 I’d run out of screams in that time. Not that he hurts but it’s fun to mess with the heads of those in the waiting room :-)
Funnily enough my dentist always seems to schedule me for the last appointment for the day and I never get cancellations. I wonder why?
Channel 9’s show would become “100 minutes” of well’ what ever it is.
AFL games would become 150 minutes, golf rounds would become 10 or 100 holes tournaments would be… never ending… smash the TV!
Chick flicks or teen movies would become between 150 to 200 minutes long good thing I don’t go to movies.
And my beer would still come in 500ml and wine would still be in 750 ml
In short no justice there. As a popularist scientist(?) put it “I reject your realty and substitute my own”. :-
Posted by examinator, Friday, 20 February 2009 7:09:16 PM
Dear examinator,

Cheer up, you've still got 365 days in a year,
and a bonus of 1 day every four years.
So you can divide the time - whichever way you
please. If you take the example of the year we
celebrate there is quite a range between various
cultures (Jewish, Chinese, Russian, Greek et cetera).

So why don't we divide the year in a way that is
convenient to each one of us and life would be
very interesting. :)

We'll see the same film. One person will see it for
120 minutes. Another person will see it for 250 minutes.
And somebody may even see it for 10 minutes. But it will
still be the same film from start to finish.

So enjoy life, as you want it. :)
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 20 February 2009 10:16:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy