The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Germaine's 'Boy' & Feminism's Fundamental Test

Germaine's 'Boy' & Feminism's Fundamental Test

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I saw Germaine’s ‘Boy’ on SBS last night. I would like to see a transcript of that program pass the fundamental test of feminism for sexual discrimination, ie Sexual-Transposition (the substitution of male with female terms and vice versa).

I wonder if it would turn up any double standards? My guess would be that the travesties would count in the hundreds.
Posted by Rob513264, Saturday, 18 November 2006 12:37:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree, and have been saying that for 3 years since I saw her book, but by [double] coincidence I just shared this at a photo forum http://jalbum.net/forum/index.jspa?categoryID=1 - didn't realise SBS has finally said "something" [what DID they say?]

By coincidece I was just sharing emails with a chap [in USA] who calls himself a street photographer - and I thing we all do a little bit of that

Then on the News was this:

"Victorian charged over indecent Schoolies photos
Queensland police on the Gold Coast have charged a 56-year-old Victorian man with allegedly taking indecent photographs of Schoolies revellers.

The man was allegedly using a camera phone to take the images in the Surfers Paradise Mall yesterday.

Police say more than a dozen photographs were located on the man's phone.

The man, from Mooroopna in Victoria, will face the Southport Magistrates Court today on one charge of making observations or recordings in breach of privacy."

One would have to first ask why the schoolies [final year students who kick their heels up after exams] were DOING "indecent" things in a public Mall, and why THEY were not arrested

Maybe this is final proof that Oz does win the Award as the most Politically [Feminist] Correct country in the world

Consider this against the fact our famous exported feminist Germaine Greer has named herself as a pedophile, collected nude photos from the web of young boys and published them in her book "the Beautiful Boy" [called The Boy in USA] and made a fortune, and not one policeman has ever tried to arrest her

So if you come to Oz to do street photos, eg swimmers on Bondi Beach, make sure you are female
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Tuesday, 21 November 2006 1:34:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Divorce Doctor, I've not seen the details on that so may be way off the mark but it's likely that the photo's were "upskirt" or similar.

The person being photographed does not have to be doing anything obscene to end up with an inappropriate photo being taken.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 21 November 2006 1:46:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
thanks RObert,

Totally proved my theory re PC in Oz

Your Freudian Slip is showing mate [if you are "male"] as you did the exactly correct SNAG thing and take the feminist side, making normal Adel Horin assumptions re men are all evil wifebashers, deadbeat dads etc so bloke MUST be up skirt, but hey the schoolies wear jeans and a mobile phone camera can not zoom to the "what nots"

On other side you totally disregarded any suggestion that Greer or women in general could possibly be pedophiles. You see Greer's statement "I don't care if they call me a pedophile" was NOT I dont care if locked up for life but rather I dont HAVE to care re prosecution as I am female and I am protected by my own buddies but ALSO by the fact SNAG men will NEVER say boo.

Nice job "mate"
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Tuesday, 21 November 2006 7:31:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hear,hear,DD.
Posted by Seeker, Tuesday, 21 November 2006 11:42:36 PM
Erm DD... the report I read specifically identifies the 'schoolies' photographer's offence as taking 'upskirt' photos. See this: http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,20795064%255E421,00.html

I don't think you have to be any kind of SNAG or PC-obsessive in order to regard such behaviour as invasive and offensive. Anybody who goes around in public trying to take pictures up unsuspecting girls' skirts is quite despicable, unless they are mentally ill - in which case they should be required to seek treatment.

Having said that, I think Rob's initial point about an apparent double standard with respect to erotic images is quite valid.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 7:12:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy