The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Live Animal Exports and Alternative Solution Suggestions

Live Animal Exports and Alternative Solution Suggestions

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. All
Pale, are you saying that all the 'free leads' have contacted your office? Can you guarantee their authenticity?

Today I finally read your submission. I also read Nicky's post tonight on the carpark. I would have to agree with her. I found the document very hard to follow and I have some idea of what you stand for. I am only saying this to point out that the uninitiated would have a hard time understanding what it was all about.

I was intrigued by the description and acceptance of organic products though when you guys seemed to have little understanding of the standard.
Posted by PF, Tuesday, 21 November 2006 9:28:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PF
If you read the sub from AFIC you would get the picture. They also put a lenghty sub in the year before covering many codes of practice.

These were their first attempts and although it may not follow proticol I for one are very proud of their efforts.

You got Muslim leaders offering to help with the problem of live exports and finding alternatives and your still complaining Nicky.

Thank Heavens for the HSI and Verna Simpson working together with us and RSPCA QLD

Now if you want to assure yourself these are not bodgey leads iguess I could send you some other details'in confidence'
We do have a certain in business confidence to consider but if you are sincere in your enquiry sure of course no problem.

Just let me know what you are interested in and what you would like me to send you.

No PF I know the difference between organic and free range pork. My point was the public dont know. The question was how are we going to inform the public of the difference.
We both know Yabby is right about telling people to buy free range pork when there is none to buy.

How are you going with your ideas to assist others into Free Range Farms and doing your book.?

Do you think your friends would be interested in starting a free range pork co op?

Yabby I dont think the farmer is ozgirl. I will be taking some time off soon . Just thought I would let you all know.

I would really welcome ideas of alternative methods to divert live exports and establish plants in Australia if anybody has any.
That is why I opended this thread.

Goodnight everybody.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Tuesday, 21 November 2006 11:05:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi all
To PALE firstly - I am not under the direction of any animal advocacy group, nor that of Andrew Bartlett and nor are any groups under his direction either. Your document is NOT a business plan; firstly you have no budgets, no cashflow projections, no regional impact studies - none of the practicalities that would qualify it as such a document. It qualifies as a vague policy statement to no-one in particular.
As an address to National Animal Welfare Strategy for the consideration of the Senate Committee for Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport, it makes no attempt to address the bill at all, so I wonder why it was even sent there. If Howard, McGauran and Beattie are so supportive, why are they pushing live exports to unconscionable lengths (eg yesterday's report of the Queensland Government having signed a $3m deal with Malaysia to export live animals?)
How long ago was this support? I ask because it is some time since Mark Vaile was Minister for Trade; that is now the dreaded Warren Truss, who wouldn't know a good submission about anything unless it got up and bit him.
I've already pointed out what you need to do if you want the meat processing industry to expand, but you don't want to know. What is needed here is not necessarily a broad knowledge of international meat trade, it is the ability to coherently lobby the government, with detailed business plans which include assessment techniques like SWOT analyses, labour market data (from the DEWR or perhaps the Monash University Centre for Population Studies webaites) financial data, and a measurable time frame. In particular it should have some form of executive summary which should summarize your expectations of the government.
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Tuesday, 21 November 2006 11:52:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nicky
Your capable of doing this?- with some input from those in the meat industry ? Peter McGauran is waiting for it and our person became ill who was to do it. I have been asked to offer you the sum of five thousand dollars if you would help. Payment anyway you wish. Through RSPCA QLD if you like or your lawyer.

PF
Yes Here is one that came last night so you can contact direct.

Our company is interested to get some details regarding PORK BACK FAT.
If you can supply us with Pork Back Fat.
How many KG or TONES will be fit in container and what kind of container.
What wiil be price up to CIF POTI Port, Delivery time and payment
details.
Subject - WANTED : Pork, poultry

" Here is another to check out'

We are interested in Pork carcasses and cuts, such as loins, shoulders
4D, forends, but also poultry : thigh of chickens, breast/fillet of
chickens.
We can take care of transport.

Transaction: non-cash payment, on time - limit (20 - 30 days)

Order: approximately 42 ton monthly.

Regards
Anna Korcewicz

Fax : + 48 43 823 62 39
Email : anna.korcewicz@op.pl
Homepage :

To respond to this inquiry mailto:anna.korcewicz@op.pl
Email : anna.korcewicz@op.pl

Nicky please consider. Once that is lodged together with AFIC we will meet with Ministers and reps from the Prime Ministers office.
You are most welcome to join us.
It is not easy to find a person with both interst and know how all together
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 7:07:48 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi, All slaughtering can be done here in Australia. Dont listen to what those Politicians have to say. At the moment every abattoir in Australia is working absolutely flat chat to keep up with the animals that are pouring into the premises. This is all due to the drought. This drought is proving that Australia can cope with the numbers. The numbers at the moment are just instant. What happens when the livestock has been and gone. Another slump in abattoirs. Then our wonderful politicians stand up and say "We told you so, there are not enough animals to keep the abattoirs open" I would like to swear here. If all the animals that went on the ships, went through the Aus abattoirs, all the employees would be working overtime and getting the wage they deserve. Its hard work in an abattoir. Hard work. I have spoken to some of the workers a couple of years ago, checking out abattoirs to make sure my animals would go to a decent slaughter house. One young guy said it still upsets him, but its a job. Jobs have been created so that human beings can be slaves to the "upper crust" their whole lives. Australian abattoirs can cope with the numbers, especially if they stopped closing them down. Who owns these abattoirs? Who owns the shipping companies? Who is getting the biggest dollar out of all this? Its not the farmer. Its the guy who owns all the assets and business in the live export industry. How many fingers can one person have in any one pie? Mr Bailleau is a prime example. As I previously said, vote for politicians who will stop live export. This is the only way. As a farmer after all my costs I earn less than the pension. If I give up farming, then some other person will step in, who is not as caring as I am. So I hang in there. I also try to repair the environment through owning the farm, by planting trees and making sure all wildlife is safe on my farm.
Posted by Farmer, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 7:42:50 AM
"Now if you want to assure yourself these are not bodgey leads iguess I could send you some other details'in confidence'
We do have a certain in business confidence to consider but if you are sincere in your enquiry sure of course no problem. "

These 'leads' seem to be cut and pasted from older listings at http://www.go4worldbusiness.com/Transportation Nothing confidential about that. Please realise that people in the business are usually aware of what is going on.

My 'friends' are alike businesses spread all over the country, not a situation conducive to a cooperative arrangement.

I will be chipping away at writing my experiences with free range farming and will probably just stick to posting them on the website. It will take some time, but if I do it subject by subject they can gradually be added to the site. If that proves popular, i can go from there.

I really do think you should listen to Nicky's advice if you want to be heard.
Posted by PF, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 10:31:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18