The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Human rights - do they discriminate? Another perspective

Human rights - do they discriminate? Another perspective

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The thing I find interesting is that if one sides on ALL being actually equal, this question (group, race, etc aside)is in essence no different to Poly Carps.

It is only when one assumes "special differences" that we need different questions.

Do some people deserve more rights than others?
Posted by meredith, Tuesday, 20 January 2009 8:41:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Communicat,

"The offender identifies himself as 'aboriginal' and was sentenced to 3 and a half years after a sentencing conference in which an aboriginal welfare agency participated. His 'aboriginality' was taken into consideration in sentencin. I do not wish to comment on the rights or wrongs of this particular case but..."

Some of my best friends are...but...".

"I probably have not made myself very clear!"

Oh, I think you have!
Posted by Spikey, Tuesday, 20 January 2009 10:25:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spikey,

You are very unclear, are you suggesting Communicat is racist here?
Posted by meredith, Wednesday, 21 January 2009 12:38:46 AM
Rainier “It would be wonderful if the level of discussion here on this topic was of high quality that it attracted the attention of people who had real world experience and knowledge to contribute.”

I feel rainer, despite being somewhat disadvantaged from the real world by his isolation in the ivory tower of academia, might actually be on to something.

Certainly, if we had posters who posted posts of higher quality and we attracted people who had more real world experience and knowledge -

rainier would not need to post at all.

And that could only ever be considered a good thing.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 21 January 2009 8:21:10 AM
meredith,

"You are very unclear, are you suggesting Communicat is racist here?"

I think Communicat can speak for himself/herself. It was him/her who raised the issue of clarity. I merely remarked that I got the message.
Posted by Spikey, Wednesday, 21 January 2009 9:52:08 AM
its seems becuase this person was already in court on charges he didn't like what sentence he received by the judge and had assulted a by stander if the sentence is that by the law of court it still carrys a larger sentence than the individual got for what happend just becuase the person was black i feel the judge gave a sentence that they thought was right

it does not matter wether u are black white brindle or other race it depends soley on the judge on that day yes i agree the sentence was a light one for a person who ended up dying

i got 2 years straight in 1989 for assulting three new australians i claimed self defence but did not deter the judge giving me that sentence and i am white

also the judges don't take into account when a person takes the state to court for being raped and abused as a child while in state care in the 1970's

they cover up this abuse by not beleaving the victim because of their later past of which is a discrimination of the victims human rights
well in this country their should be one law for all
here in australia the little people are been walked over in our courts sysytem specially the victims

i know the new south wales goverment has been so corupt for so many years thats why victims who were abused in their state institutions are not been given any justice they sweep us under the carpet as if it never happend to us victims well wrong it happen to many of us and the goverment of n.s.w need to stand up and addmitt the truth of us victims

and stop protecting those who abused us the goverment is so corupt thats why in n.s.w they change their positions all the time so that the compliants when made to some one they never get a reply becuase they have some new person in the job

happy new year everyone

regards huffnpuff
Posted by huffnpuff, Wednesday, 21 January 2009 2:14:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy