The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > GOOD news for GAZA

GOOD news for GAZA

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
But this good news comes in fact from the West Bank... still.. it has a very strong HAMAS connection.

WHO IS Sheikh Hassan Yousef?

He is described in the interview as a founding member of HAMAS, one of the pre-eminent Hamas political leaders.. currently in an Israeli Jail on suspected terrorism charges.

WHO IS Mousab Hassan?

He is the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef. He was also the leader of the Hamas Islamic Youth movement in the West Bank.

WHAT happened to Mousab?
He was imprisoned in Meggido Jail by the Israelis. His uncle was also there. He witnessed the horrific actions of Hamas against it's own people..torture and killing. He began to question Islam.
He was eventually released and 'chance' encountered a Christian visiting Jerusalem, who not knowing who Mousab was, simply invited him for bible study, which Mousab accepted.

Long story short. Mousab was struck by the words of Jesus "Love your enemies" and this opened his heart to more....he found quiet moments in the hills to compare the Quran and the Bible, back and forth, back and forth.. he concluded that the Quran was full of problems, and that the Bible was the truth, he embraced Christ as His Savior and now proclaims Christ as Lord.

AL QAEDA has pronounced a death sentence on him, quoting the classic 'if a man changes his religion, kill him'

Mousab now believes he should communicate his new faith to the Islamic world, and wants them to find faith in Christ.

CONCLUSION. As I said in a recent post. The problem in the middle east can be solved when people embrace Christ.

Mousab was interviewed on Fox news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmmujStCGxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZLI5-5LaU&feature=related (for arabic speakers)
Posted by Polycarp, Sunday, 4 January 2009 8:41:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
you will be aware we get born again after death poly, not just the xtians [right]

thing is our belief's divide us
even in the heavens
[there is an xtian version for each xtian sect and every islamic sect and buddists etc

[they all have a room in the fathers house ]

now the thing is all of the arabs dudes family will be in one room[and him alone with the xtians]

there are reasons kids should be the same belief as their parents[it helps keep the family together oin the next life]in the next life it isnt about which 'religion' was right[but the good works we did [or the vile we loved to do

[more shall be given

god dont care about religion[it dont impress me much either]my friends are scattered into many rooms[jesus is the head proffit[but he isnt god,half the xtian sects think he is

[the other know he isnt;[god] ,thing is EVEN JESUS house is divided [recall how upset he was about the faTHERS divided house of the judean sects]LOL WE DIVIDED UP A LOT MORE SCINCE THEN[;LOL]

but even christs room is divided, what a great way to treat the worlds greatest teacher[ps its time to teach people about the truths jesus taught

[but to encourage converts to keep family harmony] to l;ive by jesus egsample back into your home community .,and who knows one day god might be able to address ALL HIS CREATION in one room

[yeah i know but i can dream cant i?]but as long as we sepperate the sheep into their breeds , let alone the goats,[our fathers house must remain divided]
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 4 January 2009 11:33:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear OUG.... thankyou for your welcome contribution.

I don't agree with it, but hey...this is the beauty of democracy :)

It's also the nature of Christ not to tell you that "unless you believe our way we will kill you". Each person has a choice in response to the Good news of salvation in Him.

As the Jewish man at the Pro Israel Rally said to me ...with his arm around my shoulder "We don't believe Jesus is the Son of God, but ..and so on" there was no animosity.. but mutual respect. I didn't try to convert him, but he did try to convert me :)

The point I'm trying to make about Moussab is that there IS a 'Christ' centred solution for the middle east. The cost to him?
His last words to his father were "You are closer to Christ than Mohammad" (paraphrase) and his father wept... and that's the last he saw of them, knowing that his life was not at stake as an apostate Muslim, he left the ME for America.

It should be clear from his story, that no matter how much hatred and evil your life and family are filled with and surrounded by.. just like Paul en route to Damascus... there is 'more to come' :)
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 5 January 2009 6:32:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
kind words poly;an xtian middle path way might help...but its a mess in the holyland's

An Experiment in Provocation:Stealing Gaza

BRIAN ENO/Counterpunch

It’s a tragedy that the Israelis..a people who must understand better than almost anybody the horrors of oppression..are now acting as oppressors.

As the great Jewish writer Primo Levi once remarked“Everybody has their Jews..and for the Israelis it’s the Palestinians”.

By creating a middle Eastern version of the Warsaw-ghetto they are recapitulating their own history as though they’ve forgotten it..And by trying to paint an equivalence between the Palestinians,with their homemade rockets and stone-throwing teenagers[seems the equivelent of natzi anyi-jew propaganda]..they sacrifice all credibility.

The Israelis are a gifted and resourceful people who fully deserve the right to live in peace,but who seem intent on squandering every chance to allow that to happen.

It’s difficult to avoid the conclusion that this conflict serves the political and economic purposes of Israel/right so well that they have every interest in maintaining it...While there is fighting they can continue to build illegal settlements.

While there is fighting they continue to receive huge quantities of military aid from the United States...And while there is fighting they can avoid looking candidly at themselves and the ruthlessness into which they are descending.

Gaza is now an experiment in provocation...Stuff one and a half million people into a tiny space..stifle their access to water, electricity,food and medical treatment..destroy their livelihoods, and humiliate them regularly…and,surprise,surprise,they turn hostile.

Now why would you want to make that experiment?

Because the hostility you provoke is the whole point...‘under attack’ you can cast yourself as the victim,and call out the helicopter gunships and the F16 attack fighters and the heavy tanks and the guided missiles,and destroy yet more of the pathetic remains of infrastructure that the Palestinian state still has left.

And then you can point to it as a hopeless case,unfit to govern itself,a terrorist state,a state with which you couldn’t possibly reach an accommodation.

And then you can carry on with business as usual, quietly stealing their homeland.
Posted by one under god, Monday, 5 January 2009 8:57:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Polycarp,

This is a great testimony Polycarp. Unfortunately he would be locked up in Victoria if he told his story.
Posted by runner, Monday, 5 January 2009 9:17:19 AM
dear OUG...the people 'stuffing' all those people into Gaza are the dills like Sheikh Rayan..who had 4 wives and 12 children. And Haniyah, who I believe has TEN children.

Once you understand that these people see children as 'weapons'...and given that Nizar Rayan sent one of his own sons to blow himself up... you begin to see the mentality of Hamas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roC2dHJiVyo further interview with Mousab Hassan (subtitles as it's in arabic)

You say Israel is doing an 'exercise in provocation'....? Ok.. let's 'test' that in the light of the full picture?

30-80 Rockets DAILY descending on Sderot, Ashkelon, Beer Sheba etc....

DAILY... mate.. *wake up* :) again I ask the simple question "What" does Hamas hope to achieve by poking a hungry tiger with little pins?
A normal tiger will not tolerate being pricked and poked..imagine how it would react if you poked/whacked it's CUBS? Sderot and Beer Sheba are the cubs of the Israeli Tiger.

If we all think about it.. we know that Hamas is really trying to provoke enough international outrage, but particularly among the Arab world.. to precipitate some kind of 'pan arab' reaction of force/war.

No other reasoning can stand up against such a stupendously ridiculous action of hurting a much more powerful neighbour.

Am I missing something?

Spiritually speaking, Mousab found light in "love your enemy".. and this does indeed 'work' to a degree... so he is no longer part of Hamas bent on destroying Israel. But practically speaking.. the "Emperor" of Israel (Prime Minister) has a Biblical mandate (Romans 13:1-5) to carry out a just war against aggressors. (Hamas)

If the Israelies all discovered 'love your enemies'...you might like to see how this can unfold based on the Old Testament example that it comes from.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=12&chapter=6&version=31

2 kings 6:8ff describes Israel's kindness to the invading Arameans.
Then....there was peace....

UNTIL

24 Some time later, Ben-Hadad king of ARAM mobilized his entire army and marched up and laid siege to Samaria.

Hamas still has as it's core objective the destruction of Israel.
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 5 January 2009 9:24:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy