The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Coverage Of Gaza

Coverage Of Gaza

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I offer no real opinion on the topic itself, other than I'm Christian. Take what you will from that. But Al Jazeera have film crews in the Gaza Strip. This is one of the most significant issues right now for Christians and Jews. It's not the watered down footage we're getting here. In a way, that's a warning on some of the content.

Go here: http://au.youtube.com/user/AlJazeeraEnglish

Especially with the ground offensive beginning.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 4 January 2009 12:17:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The middle east is a dreadful place, driven by hate and education that is blind to truth and honesty.
I long ago became aware of the miss use of the Medea, manufactured news, slanted items.
For me it is hopeless, my views are biased, without shame I give more value to facts.
Some, too many live to hate Israel, pledge to wipe the country out.
Those rockets are real, targets innocents, cry wolf if it is the way you want it but I take my position hate is always wrong.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 January 2009 5:12:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The hate from Hamas and the lack of action from the 'moderate muslims' have led to this tragic situation where Israel is forced into defending itself. No decent person likes to see innocent people killed or injured. Hamas and those of the same ideology are responsible for these deaths and not Israel.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 4 January 2009 6:26:59 PM
those who kill ANYONE ,regardless of belief are murderors

anyone can find a reason to hate
hate breeds hate

there is no moral high ground with murder
read the holy books
thou shalt not murder

it has less written about it than anyother command meant
because it is so clear

killing is murder
all who murder love the murder
[looking for excuses to kill]

call a spade a spade

murderors love killing others
they are all cowards when they die

the only 'war heroes' are those mudered
killers do not honour their own gift of life

by their deeds will we know
if they are serving god
[the life giver of all life]

or satan the life taker

by their deeds will you know them
who is not a child of god?
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 4 January 2009 11:41:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@underonegod

You're an illiterate nonsensical twat with a self proclaimed sense of self righteousness spruiking from a moral high ground you built on some fantasy reality. Shut up.
Posted by StG, Monday, 5 January 2009 12:11:36 AM
MY_HOPE.... is that in all this 'fog_of_war'...it is realized that IF... the Israelis wished to wipe out the Palestinians...they could do so in a couple of days.

PALESTINIAN VIEWPOINT. As expressed by one of their senior diplomats this morning on CNN when asked "If Hamas is serious about wanting peace, why do they continue to launch rockets at Israeli towns?"

Replied: "Why does Israel continue building settlements (West Bank)?"

CONCLUSION. For some strange reason, HAMAS appears to believe that poking a hungry tiger with a stick, will cause it to stop eating the nearest deer! What in the WORLD has launching rockets against a vastly militarily superior foe got to do with 'stopping settlements'?

Some important facts must be remembered always.

1/ Rocket range is continually increasing. (now able to reach major population centres including Beer Sheba.. exposing 300,000 Israeli men, women and children to possible sudden death or dismemberment.

2/ Israel actually has a brain. They know the end game.. Gaza will become a small Islamist enclave dedicated to the ideas which fuel it, and fed with a strict diet of Mohammad's victories against incredible odds...and will simply continue to attack Israel, always finding some excuse to do so.
a) Settlements!
b) Broken ceasefire!
c) When the above 2 are removed it will be "Israel exists"

It seems to be a circular argument that never ends.

The sooner those who wish to condemn Israel for specific actions realize this the easier it will be for all of us to discuss the matters intelligently.

HAMAS CHARTER

Article Five: Dimensions of Time and Space of the Hamas. As the Movement adopts Islam as its way of life, its time dimension extends back as far as the birth of the Islamic Message and of the Righteous Ancestor. Its ultimate goal is Islam, the Prophet its model, the Qur’an its Constitution.

A-gain....this excerpt is indicative of the mental state of Hamas.

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it"
Source: http://www.standwithus.com/pdfs/flyers/Hamas_covenant.pdf

Could the parameters of the predicament be more clear?
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 5 January 2009 7:36:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy