The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Global warming 5% to 15% of 1 percent

Global warming 5% to 15% of 1 percent

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Thanks Col I love to laugh, not a girlish giggle, or a silly snicker, a belly laugh is my style,
A ROF gut buster.
re read you last post.
See why I thank you
have a jolly Christmas mate.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 23 December 2008 3:47:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col, it's called 'denial' - a defence mechanism.

Typically, a person is faced with a few facts that are too uncomfortable for them to accept. Therefore, they reject these facts instead, insisting that they are not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

They may deny the reality of unpleasant facts altogether (simple denial), admit the facts but deny their seriousness (minimisation) or admit both the facts and seriousness but deny responsibility (transference).

Col, what is really worrying is that they often deny their denial.

This can be a difficult concept for many people to identify in themselves, and is a major barrier to changing their behaviour.

Denial of denial involves thoughts, actions and behaviours which bolster confidence that nothing needs to be changed in one's personal behaviour. This form of denial typically overlaps with all the other forms of denial, but involves more self-delusion.

And Col, I heard the other day that the 1st sign of Alzheimers is when you can't understand sarcasm. People in this early onset stage take sarcasm as real - like, if I said to you;

"Geez Col, why don't you write a book and title it;
Col's Guide to Climate Change"

and you retort with typical ad hominem and put downs, in kind not.

Anyway ... Merry Xmas, to you and yours - from me and mine.

Belly,

A very special festive season to you with a safe and joyous 2009 to follow - you started it.
Posted by Q&A, Tuesday, 23 December 2008 4:21:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Q&A “But Col dear, we are "parallel running" models against real data.”

And the accuracy of those parallel runs is only reviewable over time even if they do ‘look good’.

Parallel running is not a design process but a validation process.

Parallel running does not assure a model is either accurate or appropriate,
Even with parallel running, it does not mean al circumstances / conditions / constraints are necessarily appropriately addresses

As for “Typically, a person is faced with a few facts that are too uncomfortable for them to accept. Therefore, they reject these facts instead, insisting that they are not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

They may deny the reality of unpleasant facts altogether (simple denial), admit the facts but deny their seriousness (minimisation) or admit both the facts and seriousness but deny responsibility (transference).”

You seem to put a lot of effort into denying the right of anyone to express a view contrary to your own….

I remain skeptical of any suggestion, upon which the balance of the world economy is being directed, to be free of corrupt and undue influences and you should too.

But your own sense of denial will probably limit such rational.

Actually I might start writing more, I have recently been asked by one niche periodical for some contributions…

Corporate Fraud has always intrigued me but the Enrons and Bernard Madoffs are small change compared to what is available for the winning “climate solutioins” be it real of scam.

Maybe

“Famous climate change frauds”

we could possibly collude, I am sure you have some insights you could share and

“collusion” seems to be almost an art form with climate scientists

But maybe I don’t need you, there is already a website
http://www.climatechangefraud.com/content/view/18/203/

maybe that is one which the Climate-Change-Champions, Krudd & Co will have blocked if they get their internet censorship system working.

(I further suggest you consider 'sarcasm' and the early signs of Alzheimer’s too).

Belly “A ROF gut buster.”

I did not think it was that funny but if it amuses you, so be it.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 7:15:59 AM
Col

You obviously don't know my views on internet filtering and censorship

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=8200#128868

The whole thread you missed ... hmmmm?

Please, feel free to use my words wherever and whenever you like.

Am off to share family & friend's quality time - back in 2009

Best to everyone

(you too Col :-)
Posted by Q&A, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 10:52:22 AM
May every one, no exceptions who has anything to do with OLO have the very best ever festive season
New year too
no exceptions
enjoy Col truly enjoy!
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 5:27:34 PM
Yeah, I'll add mine to that. Have a great holiday everyone, including my old mate Col.

At our place we'll be celebrating Saturnalia :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 11:03:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy