The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Day America died.....

The Day America died.....

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
One major influence in the US election was the War in Iraq.

Another not so high profile was the 'Hispanic Vote'.

The Bush admin has (kicking and screaming mind you) decided to try to prevent free access to the USA across the Southern Border, they are also trying to walk a tightrope between:

a) Tough on Illegal immigrants
b) Courting the 'Hispanic' vote.

At last count, I understand there are 13 million illegal, mostly hispanic(Mexican) immigrants in the USA.
They are doing menial jobs.. low pay.. illegally. Most of them probably have legal relatives in the States already.

DEMOCRAT POLICY.
http://democrats.senate.gov/~dpc/pubs/108-1-287.html
<Democrats support an agenda that will enable Hispanic families to achieve the American Dream>.

Hmmm..now would that include FAIR WAGES ? Once they are 'legal' how will it be possible to underpay them any longer ?
If they cannot be underpaid..what is the attraction in employing them ? (to the Republican (?) bosses of corporate farms)
So, if the Democrats make sweeping 'amnesties' will this in turn result in massive unemployment and social unrest among hispanics ?
Then...once the 'now illegals' have been made legal, and can command at least minimum wage.. what will happen ? Why.. more and more of the 70% of Mexicans who when surveyed said "Yes.. we would like to live in America" would come and TAKE the jobs of the now legal hispanics/Mexicans.. and the Republican (?) corporate farm bosses will continue as normal, but the difference now, is that there may well be massive social unrest..unemployment among legalized migrants.

What will Democrat Policy be, when Hispanics begin demanding "Spanish" as the national language.

AAhh...those immortal words "Today we march, tomorrow we vote"
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 10 November 2006 6:27:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More....

<"Democrats will continue to oppose Republican attempts to undermine public education.">

How ?

<"education reforms signed into law over a year ago, including funds for bilingual education">

How much incentive is there to learn English, when you are offered education in a foreign language ?

Why stop there ? Today..'bi-lingual' .... tomorrow "Candidate SoandSo(Hispanic name) is standing in the seat of SuchandSuch, on Hispanic issues, and promises to lobby for uniform Spanish in the education system now that 63% of the regions population are Spanish Speakers."
(So...the 37% of non Spanish speakers will do.....what ?)

Yep..'MultiCulturalism'... thats what we need.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 10 November 2006 7:45:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
more......

<"Democrats are committed to ensuring that Hispanics have the opportunity to serve at all levels of government and are present at the decision-making table. Democrats will continue to make diversifying the federal government and the federal judiciary a top priority">

This is racism at is worst... 'institutionalized'.....The deliberate advancement of a particular people on the basis of their 'race' is... racism. It is also discrimination. But most of all, it demonstrates where Multiculturalism LEADS.

Some people would just call it a "bloodless coup" (so far)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 10 November 2006 7:50:17 PM
MMM very interesting David

Hell of a predicament the Yanks have got themselves over that issue.

I guess there is merit in building the wall. At least then they can hopefully stop the influx, and slowly start to equalise the illegal Hispanic element with the rest of the populace, or I should say, with the lowest socio-economic levels of the legal populace.
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 10 November 2006 11:54:39 PM
“Now for ten years we’ve been on our own
And moss grows fat on a rollin’ stone,
But that’s not how it used to be.
When the jester sang for the king and queen,
In a coat he borrowed from james dean
And a voice that came from you and me,

Oh, and while the king was looking down,
The jester stole his thorny crown.
The courtroom was adjourned;
No verdict was returned.
And while lennon read a book of marx,
The quartet practiced in the park,
And we sang dirges in the dark
The day the music died.”

American Pie, lyrics by Don Mclean,

Sadly true, these are my favourite Bushisms.

"The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done."

“Anybody who is in a position to serve this country ought to understand the consequences of words."

"You know, when I campaigned here in 2000, I said, I want to be a war President. No President wants to be a war President, but I am one."

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."

"I'm not the expert on how the Iraqi people think, because I live in America, where it's nice and safe and secure."

"Let me put it to you bluntly. In a changing world, we want more people to have control over your own life."

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm
Posted by Rainier, Saturday, 11 November 2006 12:21:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ranier..... from you I would have expected something like this:

"AAh..see how they like it... an influx of foreign people.. JUST like them to the Indians"

and you would be entirely right had you said so. Just like Aussie Whites to the Indigenous.

The silly thing in all this, is.. if you don't learn from history, you become its victim. But in the end.. we are our own victims.

Usually if you scratch deep enough and far enough, it will all come down to arrogance, greed, and selfishness.

The best path is to look at where we are at, and try to renew it all from within. Some historical issues can never be successfully reversed. But life for those on the rough end of the history stick can be made much better if people try.

Of course you know by now from the very vague and most occasional hints I give, that the source of social and personal renewal is found in Christ Jesus. Reconcile to the Almighty, through the Son, by the Spirit, and we will be new...born again as it were.
Follow him.. learning all that he commands us, for His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Let Him show the way.. for He is also the Light. Let Him be our food, for He is also the 'bread'...and let Him guide, for He is the Good Shepherd.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 11 November 2006 3:38:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy