The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What sort of an entity is God?

What sort of an entity is God?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All
Philo wrote:

"For those that see immagination as non-existent delude themselves. Every development of human reality started in the immagination. Suppose you immagine a world where humanity acts in harmony and demonstrates love and care for all persons - no war, no cruelty etc. Does that mean it is not a possible reality. To believe in it is more likley for it to be a reality than to pass it off as a non entity."

Philo has several logical flaws in his above argument. He has set up straw men to argue against and has made an illogical leap.

No one that I have heard of has contended that imagination does not exist. This is the straw man.

No one that I have heard of has contended that what we can imagine cannot exist. This is another straw man.

However, he concludes his argument after setting up two straw men by assuming that if we can imagine an entity it must have some existence. That is the illogical leap.

I can imagine Philo as a person who can spell "imagination'. That is not true in the present, but it may be true in the future.

Kant examined the proofs of the existence of God and found all of them flawed. One of the proofs rested on the assumption that if can imagine an entity it must exist. There have been no new proofs of the existence of God since Kant, but he believed in God anyway. Unlike Kant I do not receive a salary from an institution which does not maintain a belief in God so I have no obligation to state such a belief.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 4 December 2008 9:36:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
understand the nature of god,more than try to frame the entity,explore the power of controling our imaginings

..>>iTs just fantasy..I am sure many reading this are thinking,"Aw,c'mon,Santa Claus is just fantasy.What is the big deal.Nobody takes it serious."

And that is where you are WRONG–DEAD_WRONG!children take their Santa very serious!They literally worship him!They believe and love Santa with all their heart!something that is a blasphemous imposter of the Lord Jesus.

And Satan knows this.So he disguises the lie in a nice little package of make-believe and fantasy.He creates a harmless ol'jolly fellow that just loves little children.And most parents think,"Now what could be wrong with that?"

Fantasy is Satan's“magic weapon.”TOO

The Satanic Bible,writes fantasy is a"magic weapon"in Satanism.

"Fantasy plays an important role in any religious curriculum,for the subjective mind is less discriminating about the quality of its food than it is about the taste..Thus,fantasy is utilized as a magic weapon[in Satanism]the message of Satan can be quietly preached under the mask of fantasy.

Parents will allow things, such as Santa Claus,under the cloak of fantasy into their little child's tender mind that under"serious"circumstances they would never allow in a million years.
It is just fantasy.But in the vulnerable mind of that little child– IT IS TRUTH!

Of course,you and I do not take Santa serious.We know Santa Claus is fantasy.But those little children are deceived in believing"with all their heart"in a god that is a replacement for the Lord Jesus Christ.

What happens when these little children realize that Santa Claus is a lie?What happens when they later are presented with the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ?What happens when they are asked to "trust and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ"?..

..Santa is Satan's counterfeit of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Once you get that child believing with"all their heart"in Santa then the next logical step is,Jesus and Santa they are both the same[and they are both a LIE..>>

be it belief that man in man form can be god is flawed
anyman[in any form]

by understanding one deception[so are all of them are unveiled]
http://www.av1611.org/othpubls/santa.html
D-evil=vile-veil=liveD
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 4 December 2008 10:28:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Fractelle...

The link you provided was primarily suggesting (if I read it correctly) that we see things through biased blinkers of our life experience and the such like.

Yes, I can apply this to my own position, and my understanding of the Bible.

Essentially, your position seems to find difficulty in any idea of God which would involve some of the rather 'colorful' examples of judgement in the Old Testament. The Amalekites is one such example.

I read the 1 Samuel 15 passage on this, and found the following.

There were 2 groups of people in close proximity.
1/ Amalekites.
2/ Kenites.

The Amalekites had previously embarked on a campaign which, if successful would have completely wiped out the beleagered Israelites in the wilderness.
Because of this, God, who had redeemed them from Egyptian slavery said he would judge them....and surprise surprise..He did... absolutely.

1Sam 15:2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel.

The Kenites however, had done nothing wrong of that nature.. and thus Saul made sure messengers went to them advising them not to be close to the Amalekites when judgement came. They were spared.

From this, we can see very clearly that 'judgement' was a reality during this period of history in regard to the people of Israel.
Gen 12:3 The promise to Abraham from the outset:

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse

I see the old Testament through the New Testament. Pauls writings in Romans Ch 9-11 are instructive.

Cheers.
Posted by Polycarp, Thursday, 4 December 2008 12:10:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Polycarp wrote;

"From this, we can see very clearly that 'judgement' was a reality during this period of history in regard to the people of Israel.
Gen 12:3 The promise to Abraham from the outset:

3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse

Dear Polycarp,

The above is obviously not true. If it were true God would destroy the Christians for the Inquisition, the Crusades, the Holocaust and the other persecutions and massacres they have promulgated on the people of Israel. The Christians not only have not been punished for their crimes. They also have stolen the Jewish bible and incorporated it into their own scriptures. The wrath of God would be visited on the evil Christians if his word meant anything.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 4 December 2008 12:30:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy