The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > separation of religion and state

separation of religion and state

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dear Runner,

People with no children also pay taxes. We pay taxes to support the general good. People have the right not to use the public schools. However, I don't believe it is fair to have other people support them in that choice by their taxes.

I think a key, if not the key purpose of education, is to encourage people to think, ask questions and develop a love for learning. That can last one all one's life and make one's life a great joy. If people want religion that is their choice, but they should also know there are alternatives. I know old people who are at a loss because they have not developed the capacity to learn new things. My excellent education in the US public schools have given me that love, and I appreciate my education.

One big reason the public schools are not better in Australia is because money is taken away to support religious schools.
Posted by david f, Friday, 14 November 2008 7:45:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
davidf
'One big reason the public schools are not better in Australia is because money is taken away to support religious schools.'

That statement is absolute rubbish. It is the same as saying the enormous issues among our aboriginal people is due to not enough money being thrown at the problems. The system is what is broken, not a lack of cash. The secular philosophy has been tried, tested and failed miserably. Many State schools are simply child minding places that are products of their own philosophies.

The simple fact is that if private schools did not exist the tax payer would be forking out a lot more than they do now. Parents work second jobs and pay taxes in order to give kids private schooling. Private schools have flourished because State schools have failed.

Your selective slant on private schooling history paints a dishonest picture. Here in Australia the aboriginals were often treated as second class citizens due to secular (evolutionary) teaching. Some 'enlightened' scientist even thought they had found the 'missing link'. No wonder their was so much racism with this sort of ignorance. Of course scientist soon had to change their dogmas but the damage had been done.

You will find that most hospitals and educational institutions were started by Christians. I know that this is an uncomfortable fact for you.

I acknowledge just like the secular world, different churches have displayed bigotry throughout history. Trying to pretend that somehow private schools encourage more bigotry than state schools is deceitful. With strong evolutionist such as Marx and Hitler (believing strongly in the survival of the fittest) it is a bit rich that you you select pieces of history to fit your dogmas.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 15 November 2008 11:58:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From a medical perspective, the pope is clearly suffering from delusions of grandeur and they are a cult of personality. I don't think we need to go into this overly as most "reasonable" people accept this.

The problem with the expression of his delusions is that he has no respect for others, assumably becoz only he is right, as he is the one guided by the Divine?

So, what we have is an organisation that thinks it has the right to tell others whom they may Luv and partner and the nature of that partnership, and our beautiful woman apparently do not have the right to determine matters pertaining to their own bodies, as these too are somehow under the jurisdiction of the megalomaniac in Rome.

" ... Keep yr rosaries of OUR ovaries. ... "

U do know, don't u all, that some people will fight and kill over issues such as this?

I am firmly opposed to letting these sycophants anywhere near children.

How does it go? "We are so Holy, it can't be wrong, it feels good to me, surely the child will enjoy it too .. <SCRRREEEAAAAMMM> no, no, the child needs to disciplined, for it cannot be that we are wrong ... "

And he warns prez elect bazza we are told. For their cover ups of abuse they should be cast down, incarcerated and stripped of their assets.
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 15 November 2008 12:28:48 PM
yes i agree to religion in schools as i am aboriginal and converted to islam 8years ago.my eldest child was removed by wealfear 7years ago after they seen me keen on islamic studys.since my family have care of my child they(the goverment put layla in a catholic school wich left my child confused and she outright refused to pray and was suspended because she told them i am muslim ,and my mum covers.layla was then placed in a public school, and put her self in islamic scripture.and has a good understanding of the islamic faith.
let the children be children and if they love you thay will follow in your footsteps.kind regards nardia.
Posted by nardia, Saturday, 15 November 2008 12:32:39 PM
And what else do we hear from the Katolik?
OH yes, why the earth strains under the load of excess population, the moron says to the Euros, breed up. ..??..

And whilst some struggle under the burden of disease he says, no contraception.

"AIDS kills do'nt b silly, put a frangar on yr willy."

So many children starving and dieing, who could be preserved at a ratio of 10:1 at least 1st world prices to 3rd world, but no, dribble and idiocy.

And then, by co-incidence if nothing else, the Hahn Red Chinese barbecue a priest.
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 15 November 2008 12:39:10 PM
While I am not a fan of the pope at least he has the commonsense and basic scientific knowledge to know that an unborn baby should not be murdered. As for his problems with homosexual priests who molest boys he should of dealt with them a lot more severely a long time ago just like the secular united nations should of dealt with their child rapist a long time ago.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 15 November 2008 3:30:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy