The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Selective perceptions of animal cruelty

Selective perceptions of animal cruelty

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. Page 28
  10. 29
  11. All
Certainly "will"
Tar.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Tuesday, 2 December 2008 10:04:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
News, information and petition on the Peanut case, everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=36602960671&ref=ts

Cheers
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Tuesday, 2 December 2008 12:47:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nicky
Thanks
Trying to get ours there but cant promise for others.
Good Work!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 7 December 2008 10:51:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Pale
As I understand it the people attending are ordinary, everyday Australians who want these thugs locked up and the key thrown away.

Cheers
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Monday, 8 December 2008 3:22:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Nicky

I understand what you are saying. Do you know if any people are getting on talk back radio to let other members of the public know.

BTW People against Live Exports are just ordinary people too.
We had to do the NFP in order for insurance for volunteers.
Perhaps we could help pay for some adds in the local papers informing the public this case is on.
What do you think?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 8 December 2008 8:04:12 PM
Hi PALE
I think you can only publicise stuff that is already in the public arena - in some states court lists are available on the internet the day before.

I don't know Queensland's legislation in this sort of thing (sub-judace) either. Whatever laws you have relating to evidence may indicate that any "inside knowledge" could compromise the case. For example, you wouldn't post photos relating to a current case on a website - only after it was over.

Someone at RSPCA Queensland would be a good starting point about what will help or what could hinder the case, or perhaps one of the lawyers you have might have some ideas.

Talkback radio would be good, but I don't know when the case is next up for mention or for hearing. I did hear that one of these people is in a mental facility though, no doubt working up to a "diminished responsibility" claim. That financier in Sydney got away with mutilating and butchering dozens of rabbits (on appeal) because he was addicted to methamphetamine. I wrote to the Attorney General pointing out that methamphetamine use is a lifestyle choice, not a mental illness.

Cheers
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Monday, 8 December 2008 10:37:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. Page 28
  10. 29
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy