The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Barack Obama: anti-Christ or just a Muslim?

Barack Obama: anti-Christ or just a Muslim?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Belly wrote:

"Why do so many need to kill in the name of a God?"

One proves devotion to God by being willing to commit what would normally be considered an atrocity. The willingness of Abraham to sacrifice Isaac was a paradigm of that phenomenon. It is a heinous crime to murder your own son, but to show his devotion to God Abraham was willing to commit that heinous crime. For Bible bashers who will note that Abe did not actually commit the crime one can cite Jepthah who did murder his daughter to satisfy a vow that he would sacrifice the first creature to greet him.

The God of the New Testament is also a sadistic monster. He sacrifices his own son in a horrible manner (possibly to prove his devotion to himself)

Faith begets atrocity.

A convert shows devotion to his new allegiance by willingness to condemn his former associates. A secular example of that was the demand during the McCarthy period that former communists inform on their old associates. Former Muslims also may be subject that test. Their testimony should be regarded with a grain of salt.

Belly also asked: "How can any one think that the God they worship is better than the others God? or in truth that a God demands blood in this century just as much as the most primitive ones did century's ago?"

Technology has advanced, but the concept of a god by its nature remains a primitive idea.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 18 November 2008 5:41:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David,
Your lack of knowledge and understanding is showing . If you want chapter and verse I will give it to you. BUT it will take a focus or paradyne shift on your part to see the truth And I am not prepared to argue foolishly over words . You quoted the bible and I believe in the final authority of the bible not my words or yours.
Posted by Richie 10, Wednesday, 19 November 2008 9:34:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David,
Please forgive me I read your post wrong. It was Belly who said Abraham was prepared to commit atrosity for his God .
The God of the new testament is also a sadistic monster.
Faith begets atrocity . Which proves his complete misunderstanding of who the creator is .
Posted by Richie 10, Wednesday, 19 November 2008 9:59:02 PM
Richie 10 there is a bit of it going around.
Near the top of the thread Horus put words in My mouth I never said.
Failed to retract them too.
I searched the thread wondering why I would highlight early Christian.Pagan human sacrifice in those or any terms.
Well I never said it!
Please watch that, it is important to not quote things that did not take place.
My early morning swim in threads found one under God questioning the source of the evidence Christians use too say the world is 6.000 years old.
Now I find I am questioning how much more that some say is quite wrong.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 November 2008 4:07:08 AM
Dear Belly,
I am sorry but I was quoting david f from his post.
Genesis 1-1 says In the begining God created the heavens and the earth. O.T. John 1-1 N.T. says In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WORD was God . This is something under one god is reported to have denied in a previous post. unless you learn the nature of God you are going to accuse him of putting the curse on people and he gets the blame for many things which are totaly opposed to his nature . Only God is good. ALL men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God . Jesus was sinless .Born of a woman conceived by the Holy Spirit not by the flesh . He inherited the Fathers sinless nature, not Adam's sinful human nature and without that destinction the whole story has no authority.
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 20 November 2008 5:56:50 AM
Dear Richie 10:

If you look at my post you will see that it started with the two lines below.

Belly wrote:

"Why do so many need to kill in the name of a God?"

There are quotes around what Belly said. The remarks not in quotes following are what I added. Of course the god of the Bible is a sadistic monster, He requested that a man kill his son and subjected his own son to torment and death. However, not to worry. The God of the Bible is merely the product of an ugly myth. I certainly do not feel he is a good role model. You most probably are someone who would not subject your own son if you have one to torment and death so it really makes no sense to worship a sadistic monster who is not as good as you are.

However, I try to be scrupulous in quoting people and put quotes around their remarks.

The Bible like the stories of the Greek and Roman Gods is largely myth. Some people believe the current popular myth in the same way some people believed in former popular myths about the doings of Jupiter or Zeus and his buddies.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 20 November 2008 6:52:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy