The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Barack Obama: anti-Christ or just a Muslim?

Barack Obama: anti-Christ or just a Muslim?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
It was inevitable that some Americans would incorporate the Democratic presidential contender into their apocalyptic millenialist delusions, but it seems that the McCain campaign team thinks it’s such a compelling idea that it aired TV ads intended to appeal to this absurd paranoia.

Oddly, believing that Obama is a Muslim requires even more mental gymnastics than chalking him up as the devil. After all, if you already believe that we’re living in the Biblical “end times”, then you’re beyond the reach of reason and any fantastic scenario is possible to you.

But to believe Obama is a ”secret Muslim” requires a conviction that Islam is a unified force with the resources and co-ordination to successfully plot, over decades, to train an African-American politician to fake Americanism and Christianity in order to take the presidency.

Mockery aside, what will it mean for Obama’s presidency that a significant minority of his countrymen believe he is a Muslim and/or the tool of Satan? The hyper-religious southern states have always cherished the idea of secession, and the same Christian rightists are fond of shouting “kill him” at anti-Obama rallies.

Will the ignorant and apocalyptic leanings of trash America present a threat to the effective governance of the USA during the next decade?
Posted by Sancho, Thursday, 30 October 2008 12:42:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Possibly. Could be another civil war — north/south. That'd be fun.
Posted by Veronika, Thursday, 30 October 2008 3:55:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SANCHO.. The only thing I've seen about Obama which might be of concern is his citizenship records. Even that looks like some kind of weird "911 was us" conspiracy theory.

I don't believe he is in any way Muslim.
Anyone can be and often is a 'tool of satan' to the extent that they actively oppose the message of Christ. I don't see him doing that.

I'm glad I'm in Australia.
Posted by Polycarp, Thursday, 30 October 2008 4:06:25 PM
*and the same Christian rightists are fond of shouting “kill him” at anti-Obama rallies.*

That is the real worry. So many guns and so many fruitloops in the
USA, I will be amazed if he is not shot one day. All very sad
really.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 30 October 2008 7:58:17 PM
Jumping to the wrong idea the threads title had me full of rage.
However a valid point has been made.
For those of us who see promise of real change in Obama and America fear also concerns us.
For me and maybe most of us, the real fear of the weirdness of America tells us he may be murdered.
But a great deal of good comes from that country too, he may be the man who changes America.
His needless death?
The impact of his murder would be very hard for that nation to live down.
Religion? how can such bigotry and hate be driven by something that is meant to unite all men.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 31 October 2008 5:12:37 AM
Obama could just be the anything-American-haters clique worst nightmare.

It was always so convenient, and saleable, to label US foreign policy a derivative of white, red-necked old boys.

But apart from a few symbolic moves like downgrading involvement in Iraq –which would have happen anyway, I doubt if there’ll be many too changes on that front.

So that most noble and most vocal group will have to come up with some new lines, some new scenarios …but give then time, they’re sure to deliver ,they always do!

PS: Belly, what happen to your predictions that Obama would never make it -didn’t we have a wager on that ?
Posted by Horus, Friday, 31 October 2008 5:49:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy