The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Uncovered women. Fashion or exploitation.

Uncovered women. Fashion or exploitation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Dear David f,

You're a man after my own heart.

You said in your last post:

"I think it is sick to worry about a bit
of cleavage. Sometimes one of these
adorables gives this old man a seat on the
train, and I appreciate the cleavage along
with the kind heart under it!"

Well said!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 6 November 2008 1:33:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Polycarp wrote: "Firstly, coming from the Messiah, the words are not in the slightest bigoted. He is the one who did the signs, wonders and miracles."

The fact that the words are attributed to Jesus does not make them less bigoted. He obviously was not the Messiah since he did not bring peace on earth as predicted or even re-establish the kingdom of David and Solomon which is where the whole Messiah nonsense started. I hope you can someday get rid of your silly superstition and actually pursue a religion of love.

Again you quote some nasty words from the Muslims and disregard the horrible actuality of fanatic Christianity.

Polycarp wrote: "But I can show you from youtube COUNTLESS examples of Muslims who absolutely understand that they have a mission to destroy YOU (a Jew)
and all infidels.. 'to the last man' according to one sword wielding Palestinian cleric."

To quote again from the Evangelical Sisterhood of Mary:

“Instead of being united in love for God, we as Christians have sinned grievously against God's covenant people. Two thousand years of Church history have left a trail of blood: contempt, hatred, hostility, persecution and wholesale slaughter.

Time and again the Jewish people have suffered at the hands of Christians. They have been humiliated, deprived of their rights, accused of murdering God and blamed for every imaginable calamity. During the Crusades, the Inquisition, the pogroms and, most horrific of all, the Holocaust, millions of Jews have suffered flagrant injustice."

Nothing Muslims have done compares with the Holocaust. Throughout the ages since your superstition emerged the reality of Christianity has been a more fearful menace to Jews than Islam with all its nasty words.

I have a feeling of deja vu. Have a nice day.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 6 November 2008 2:14:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"When a woman uses her body to gain acceptance, instead of her brain, she's reverted to old fashioned Victorian era ethics where the woman is a second class citizen reliant on her sexuality in order to progress.”

Rw523252’s posts near the start of the thread raise angles which might have made for some interesting discussion had they been picked up on.

While many women delight in the freedom of today’s dress code, where ‘less’ is seen to be ‘more’, and consider we’ve advanced a long way from the more conservative dress of earlier generations, I’m not so sure if we really have progressed, or if we aren’t in fact, as rw523252 suggests, racing back to the past.

Far from being truly liberated, I see women today as more captive than ever to the dictates of fashion and to the need to dress in a way that wins them male approval. Some might see dressing provocatively as their right of choice. I guess it is, but when it becomes the norm rather than the exception, we eventually reach a tipping point where women’s rights are in danger of being severely compromised.

Women’s dress shouldn’t have to comply with the prudish demands of patriarchal religious fundamentalists, but equally, neither should it have to present an image of sexual allure. Each demand, in my view, is as demeaning to women as the other.
Posted by Bronwyn, Friday, 7 November 2008 1:33:49 AM
Cleavage! mmmmmmm. A story from which comes to mind, and one of survival, hope and the land of milk & honey.

"That's right! breast feeding! I guess David, that the sight of that, would near kill you.

They say the first thing a new born see,s, is the warmth of the mothers face and this is implanted and stored in our deepest part of the brain" not true. I,m sure being a hungry little baby so my mothers say,s, and it was those two food sacks" that was the main focus and I,m dam sure, that this is why I cant take my eye off them today!

I,m just hungry!:) "I knew there was a reason for my strange behaviour!, and not to mention, way back in early human history, a woman was viewed best, by the size of her breasts for the purpose's of successful child rearing and not much has changed my old friend, coz you see" the animal is still in us.

EVO
Posted by EVO, Friday, 7 November 2008 3:04:41 AM
Well said Bronwyn... and much as it might erk some who probably delight in a degee of antagonism between myself and you.. we are in complete agreement, and.. dare I say..for the same reasons.

Dear Foxy.. you were a bit mischeivious there.. you neglected that David F posts inflammatory, hate mongering, rabble rousing and fear and loathing in this thread against Christians. He repeated his now well worn mantra of "The Holocaust..blame Christianity" (summary of his position)

So..if you wonder why I respond.. it's really very simple :) it's not that I bring this or that into every thread, but that people like David say things which are repungant and dangerous, not to mention untrue.

It was the wrong thread David posted to, but it still managed to be said here.. so..I'll respond here.

I'll be happier when you criticize David equally for his 'hate mongering' against Christians as you do for what I say about Islam.

But it is noteworthy that in terms of the topic.. Bronwyn has picked up on an important angle that is the essense of what I wanted to explore.

David likes cleavage? good grief..if he likes it so much there's plenty on the net. I'd rather a girl dressed in non overtly sexual Marie Clare style offering me a seat than a cosmo style girl who is likely to stir in me unfulfillable desires.(with her at least)
Why do we like cleavage? aaah.. as the front page of the herald today showed :) David..ur gonna like this mate
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24615485-661,00.html

Now..how many males are going to care about the 'story' looking at this?
Posted by Polycarp, Friday, 7 November 2008 10:39:32 AM
Polycarp wrote: I'll be happier when you criticize David equally for his 'hate mongering' against Christians as you do for what I say about Islam.

I have not promoted any hate-mongering against Christianity. You were right to put it in quotes. My statement: "The Holocaust was applied Christianity." is not hate mongering at all. It is a fact that many Christians of good will have admitted and have tried to atone for. They are trying to improve Christianity. Nobody but you has called me a hate-monger because nobody but you is in a state of denial in that area.

You have promoted hate against Islam because you ignore their record and cherry pick scurrilous statements probably from non-Islamic sources. Not only do you hate Islam but you don't care for Catholicism, you defend Calvin for killing Servetus and you call Bishop Spong who has tried to emphasise the love in your religion a heretic.

They have not criticised us equally as I have posted nothing but a truth that you prefer to deny.

I would also prefer to see girls dressing themselves as they want without meeting your demands of coverup or other demands that they exploit their sexuality. If they want to coverup, exploit their sexuality or make some other choice it should be their decision.
Posted by david f, Friday, 7 November 2008 11:16:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All