The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ABC bias

ABC bias

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Hasbeen, I agree that many debates, like an octagon, have more than two sides and many shades of grey in-between. I think the ABC's panel type discussions and shows like SBS's Insight where the audience can participate, give a wider view than simple commentary.

It is interesting to note that the further Right we have moved in our government and in our mindsets that almost anything that refers to social justice or the environment is considered Left thinking or bias.

It was not that long ago it was considered quite 'normal' for the people (through the government) to own assets like utilities even under more Conservative (Liberal) Governments. In more modern times mere mention of government owned assets is to bring out the Reds Under the Bed hysteria.

Bias is a two edged sword and depending on which side you stand will determine what we recognise as 'bias' or not.

It is all about perception and perception management.
Posted by pelican, Sunday, 12 October 2008 9:50:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Examinator,
A specific answer to your's.

Firstly the ABC in my opinion is biased because they refuse to run the uncensored, unexpurgated edition of "Father Know's Best".
I saw one episode once in LA.
Whoooo!

What Robert Young DIDN'T do with Joan Wyeth while the kids were in the next room watching TV is best left to imagination.
Believe it was 'Monopoly' - AND he scored. Got right on top of her.

But to continue - The Gay BEE Cee, as my dear bro-in law calls the show, (conservative voter he) should not come to any decisions about informing the public (more importantly, REFUSING to inform the public) about any affairs in Australia from any angle of institutional, systemic, political, policy, gender, Fred Nile wowser (Hey, I'm exempt) or even counter bias bias (if you can get y'r head around what I mean).
The turnout does have to abide by standards - yet a person arrives at a time in life when he has to accept, forgive me - bloody well knows that she's become, or always was, a propaganda machine.

My old mate P.Adams often hints that there's only a few listening anyway - so why the hell NOT speak some truth for a change?
Posted by A NON FARMER, Sunday, 12 October 2008 7:20:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy