The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If called ... are you willing to fight for Australia?

If called ... are you willing to fight for Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Gibo: << A half wit can see what China is doing. >>

Finally Gibo writes something with which I can agree completely.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 9 October 2008 8:29:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You dont observe China doing anything unusual CJ?

No mysterious arms build-up?

Perhaps country life has dulled you a bit?
Posted by Gibo, Thursday, 9 October 2008 10:04:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ,

Gibo and I don't see eye to eye on many issues, but we mustn't ridicule his comments just because he made them.

I haven't got much interest in what he has to say about China, but I've been very interested in his comments on Indonesia. I've been doing my own investigation into that. I don't believe everything I'm told, but do like to check things out for myself.

I lot of what Gibo says about China may in fact prove to be correct. China now dominates world manufacturing, and I have heard it said that eventually they will be the only ones with the technology, then they can start charging what they like.
Posted by Steel Mann, Thursday, 9 October 2008 10:11:04 AM
Come on, Steel Mann - even you'd have to acknowledge that this "End Times" crap is just rubbish. Gibo's just using it to try and spread fear and loathing of Asians - it's the Yellow Peril in a fundy suit.

Fortunately, just about nobody takes him seriously.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 9 October 2008 10:31:35 AM
CJ,

Most Christians believe we are living in the "End Times", and they have been saying that for 2000 years. I do believe we are 2000 years closer to the end than what we were 2000 years ago.

As a Christian, (And I am not some loopy religious fanatic), I do not profess to having any idea when Christ will return. What I do know is that I want to be ready. To me, being a Christian is very simple. I believe mankind is by nature sinful, and God has forgiven our sins through his son Jesus dying for us on the cross. Salvation is a free gift offered to us by God, and my acceptance of that makes me a Christian. It's very simple. I don't go around Bible bashing people, and what you've seen me just say is the closest I get to preaching to people.

If I was to say that I've never doubted my faith, I would be lying, I like to mix with people of all religious followings (or none at all) in a harmonious environment.

I see Gibo's claims as possibilities but not necessarily probabilities. There are many possibilities for what may happen in the future. One has to have an open mind.
Posted by Steel Mann, Thursday, 9 October 2008 12:29:38 PM
You seem to have a bitterness problem CJ.

I see you clash with many people.
As a christian I take my troubles to The Lord and He Deals with them.

I wondered if you were trapped in a small rural community (I think I remember you saying you were in a small community?) and couldnt get out and the circumstances there were getting to you?
Take it, whatever it is, to God.
He's Always there.
If you have fear of the future...take it to God.
Posted by Gibo, Thursday, 9 October 2008 12:48:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy