The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Lost family members

Lost family members

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I was originally searching for a forum on lost family members but had no luck! so i figured ild make my own forum, im new to this so im still not entirely sure on what im doing.

Basically my whole point of making this forum is to meet other people who have or are experienceing what i am at this current time in my life, so yes i am seeking for support from strangers and for advice.

Ive never met my mother befor as i was seperated from her when i 2, only recently she contacted me and i found out alot about my past witch is somewhat shocking. Anyways im due to meet her next year and im scared about it! it makes things worse because she can not speak english and their is no way for us to comunicate but learn little words from one another.

i just want some advice on what to do! and i also would like peoples feedback and if they have gone through something like this how did they deal with it! any advice will be appriciated!

thankyou
Posted by comslashau, Thursday, 18 September 2008 8:23:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cornslashau,
You are doing well so far and i wish you all the best in meeting your mother. Just curious, are you meeting here or overseas and what language does your mother speak? The reason for this is that maybe there is an interpreter service you can use initally or a crash course in your mothers language could be arranged.

Those are my inital thoughts and am sure a mothers love will help overcome communication. The best of luck.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 18 September 2008 9:05:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Com... well depending on which language she speaks... I'd be looking for some friends in Australia who speak ur mums language and try to organize some get together so they can translate.

Which country is she from ?
Posted by Polycarp, Friday, 19 September 2008 10:31:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am one of the many who were separated from our families. I was placed in the care of the state with my two sisters. My parents wanted my two sisters and myself to live with older relatives . The government intervened and took us into their care. My parents wanted my younger sister and myself to be kept together for the obvious reasons. That did not happen.
After a few foster parents I would have thought that the Gov agency would have thought that I needed help.After all they were looking after me. Is it really enough to just to feed and cloth us.By the time I left their care I had no idea of my family. I knew who I was and where I came from and the rest was a blurr
I thought that my mum and dad were dead ,so I didn't go looking.I'm was still only 16 ,still in their care.By the time I looked them up dad was dead. Surely the Gov duty of care was to tell me how to contact my family members
Posted by robbo5, Monday, 22 September 2008 10:44:29 AM
hey robbo5

my mother speaks turkish if thats any help?
Posted by comslashau, Monday, 22 September 2008 8:59:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy