The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > When Discrimination laws....discriminate.

When Discrimination laws....discriminate.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. All
It's about time...that those who keep on like a broken record about

"Christians are supposed to love everyone"

then..when we make a point about what our own foundation documents and our founder says... suddenly "Oh.Oh.. you hate gays.. you hate Muslims, you you..... you hate drinkers..you hate hate hate..froth.. bubble.. froth dribble"

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH AND ROT!

This is nothing other than the miserable life challenged rock crawling political left seeking to malign those who disagree with them.

I suppose when this bully tried to extort money and intimidate a young child at our friday night youth group (in 1970s) I HATED him just because I grabbed him, explained that his behavior is not acceptable (let alone unlawful) and then physically ejected him from the premises...(Hi Trevor :) that I HATED him... duh x 100

The lamentable intellectual shallowness of the Christophobic secular pharisees out there is mind boggling.

If I said "You all hate Jesus and you want to kill Christians" just because you criticize CYC youth camps for being tax exempt.. wellllll do I need to say more? it is absurd and ludicrious.

But wait....that IS how the Christophobics actually operate..and given that some of them perport to have high education, then it is highly suggestive that their motives are malicious and hateful and very unethical. (Pericles.. I hope you had a tea towel on your keyboard there :)..because I KNOW..what ur thinking)
Posted by Polycarp, Tuesday, 9 September 2008 10:41:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep, he DID have that thought. BANG! .....and it's all over the bed linen.
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 9 September 2008 10:56:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CARP_Poly has raised an important issue here. It’s a pity it was just a stalking horse for bagging homosexuals.

But he is awfully confused as to who the victims of discrimination are in this case. Presumably due to a very muddled way of thinking, (especially displayed in that last little outburst) by the incoherent and erratic capitals, and unnecessary ellipsis’s that inconsistently vary in length.

Religions have had a ‘free ride’ in societies for far too long and the fact that an organisation of any sort, can enjoy big tax breaks, and then discriminate against hard-working tax payers is an absolute disgrace!

The only activity religious organisations should be able to do tax-free or with tax-exemptions is charity work, and I’d be interested to know how much of the tax-exempt earnings of this resort goes to charity? Not that it would justify their discriminatory practices in any way.

The laws obviously need to change here. We live in the 21st century and we’re now civilised enough to realise that religion is (and always has been) far too big for it’s boots. It’s time this Dark-age belief system was put in it’s place – safely tucked away in the corner where it belongs.

Personally, I’d rather sleep in a bed that had been slept in by a gay couple, than a bed that had been slept in by a Christian couple, who so self-righteously think that I’m going to suffer eternal damnation, because I don’t believe that a God had his son tortured because a pair of naked adolescents were persuaded by a talking snake to eat an apple.

As for these Brethrens though, I remember from my Church-going days, that even amongst the wider mainstream Christian community, these ultraconservative radicals were considered bit weird – not just the Exclusives.
Posted by AJ Philips, Tuesday, 9 September 2008 11:36:13 AM
"abominable, sick, disgusting" = hate.

If you had simply chosen to use "sinful, distasteful", then accusing you of hatemongering would be much harder.
Posted by Country Gal, Tuesday, 9 September 2008 11:40:41 AM
I would support the church not allowing a gay group to use its facilities only if it was the standard practice of this church to not to provide accomodation for any outsiders.

As far as I'm concerned, the church has got to rid itself of hypocracy and change its attitude to gays. There are lots of gays in the church but they are forced to keep quiet about it, in the same way I have to keep quiet about my nudist activities. The church is accepting of other sinners, so why not gays? The former AOG pastor who was responsible for starting Youth Alive is an openly gay Christian. Anthony Venn-Brown has written a book, I think it's called "A Life of Unlearning". I'm interested in knowing where to obtain a copy.

Polycarp, you probably have slept in a bed used for homosexual acts. You don't know whose slept in your bed when you are in a hotel room.
Posted by Steel Mann, Tuesday, 9 September 2008 12:25:01 PM
Porky's right about one thing - his brain appears to have exploded...

...all over his keyboard and into the Internet and on to OLO.

Cripes. Not pretty.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 9 September 2008 12:38:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19