The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Multiculturalism, Marriage and Australian Law

Multiculturalism, Marriage and Australian Law

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
MULTI-culturalism.. great success in Germany.. this is a fantastic advertisement for more and more of it...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YnHFm9bndY0&feature=email

yes yes.. let's bring in more migrants from the same countries as these guilded innocent youths come from......
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 25 August 2008 9:44:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David, "For Christians? hmm if one's church is strict on it.. you can join a different brand.. no great hurdle."

So you are quite confident that a gay christain can easily find another christain church where they won't face pressure not to be gay?

You are quite confident that a christian nudist would not face condemnation and or pressure from other christains?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 25 August 2008 12:02:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's an extraordinary position to adopt, Boaz.

>>Every time I mention 'wife beating' Pericles is like a pit bull on a chihwawa and leaps on me drooling out the words "Yippeeee...I'veee got im.. again" but he should know that his 'but you beat your daughter' argument is getting rather in need of a retread<<

I'd remind you that it was you who introduced the topic of beating your daughter, not I.

It was also you who introduced the topic of wife-beating on this thread, a few posts ago.

You suggest that my "argument" is in need of a retread, but in fact I have no argument.

You are free to choose the path that your conscience maps out for you, taking into account your moral values. And the law, of course.

But the fact that you choose, on the one hand, to embrace the concept of beating your daughter, and on the other to condemn beating a wife, is evidence that dual standards are in action here.

Which I feel that someone ought to keep pointing out to you, since you are totally unable to see it yourself.

Rather than seeing me react to this as "a pit bull on a chihuahua", consider me more as a sorrowful parent, pointing out to a child the nature of the anomalous positions.

It is normal to first ask the child whether they see anything wrong with their action, and if they don't, to follow up with a more open question, designed to cause them to think a little about the circumstances of the decision they made.

Since you clearly see nothing amiss with your irreconcilable positions, I'll ask again.

"...what is the moral difference that you see between beating a wife and beating a daughter?"

I'm anxious to hear a simple and straightforward response to this eminently simple and straightforward question, Boaz.

But I have learned over the years that you find these remarkably difficult, so I won't hold my breath.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 25 August 2008 6:11:48 PM
Referring to the original post, that's a stupid idea. You cannot force people to marry someone they don't want to marry. You cannot tell people what criteria they are allowed to consider in marrying someone.
Posted by freediver, Tuesday, 26 August 2008 1:18:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is a fair bit in the newspaper this week about a catholic parish church which has been told to shape up or ship out. Amongst the serious allegations which has been raised about the church is that they may have married divorced catholics (who have not had previous marriages annulled).

Maybe the christain church has not put this conflict with australian law behind it after all.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 8:26:07 AM
Perilous...

the moral difference is clear and unambiguous.

An adult woman has matured and has a good sense of danger.

A child.. does not. The issue at the centre of that incident as I've told you many times (I thought) was that she was endangering her very life by behavior which was so utterly dangerous that to my mind a radical reminder of just that was in order. It is a judgement a parent must make based on (as the magistrates say) the totality of the circumstances and this includes the personality of the child along with recent events in the location concerned and a host of other things.

That "I" am the one who brought it up should tell you that reminding me of it serves no purpose.

FREEDIVER.. no one is talking about forcing you dill.. cripes.. I'm talking about:

-Removing barriers.
-Encouraging, facilitating.
-Placing funding into things which unite... rather than divide.

It's all about social environment. Ur not one of those who say "You hate us" just because we disagree with you.. ru ? :)
Posted by Polycarp, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 3:00:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy