The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Police who do we trust?

Police who do we trust?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
A great defensive stance that word alleged!
Yep every group has its rubbish my old job saw some real darlings who would have sold their mum for a quid.
And we all know it happens, in fact we openly speak about it , but its alleged if its about a cop.
Why? well most of us put a cop on a pedestal, just watch those who flock around one.
Oh yes Saturday night in drunken company a chance to act like a fool big note and its not pleasant but one on one?
ICIC in my state have seen police removed from the job many times some I knew.
Some for simple acts like returning to a car and stealing a purse hidden there by internal investigators.
I must not mention some cases they looked at but still we want better from our police mostly get it.
I just want to allege the status we give those in that uniform is sometimes miss used.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 17 June 2008 6:09:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,
Good Morning to you. Well I hope you are enjoyiong your retirment and yes its a tough job. I am not sure which Rodger you are refering to to- Rodger the Dodger as we called him or Rodger Rogerson.
Either way it doesnt really matter I suppose. nobody knows more than me that there are some honest coppers but your never going to get me to agree they are at the top of the tree. Would be nice mind you.
People simply have to remember that police are under the polys and if anybody wants to try to convince me poloys are straight i will eat my hat.
Anyway guys enjoy the thread and btw when are the public going to support the copper on the beat trying to deal with these out of hand youth and their parents.
I am sick to death of all the cival rights and do gooders protecting theives and junkies that the bloke on the beat risks his life each day to put away.
Then everyone complains crime is out of control. Sure it is because they parents dont teach the kids to respect the police laws or other people.
Mate you would have to be bent most days to be a copper because the hgood straight blokes dont get a fair go.
We should go back to the old days where the old cop would kick the kids up the bum and send them home. Now of course they would be charged.
o sung wu, thanks for the service mate and enjoy your well earned rest.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Tuesday, 17 June 2008 6:27:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day to you - PALE&IF...

I appreciate your kind sentiments with respect to enjoying my retirement. Yeah, must admit the job can take out a lot of your energy if you allow it.

The 'oft' used term of vocational stress, is probably correct. However, I don't believe it relates to one's association and exposure to the ne'er do wells of society, rather from the unrealistic demands placed on you from your superiors ! Together, with peer betrayal, nepotism, bias, partiality and good old fashion 'back stabbing'. All can lead to emotional and physical illness.

A bloke (senior to me) who partnered-up with me on enquiries, grabbed the car for the purpose of 'doing a few checks' (a foreigner). Incidentially, detectives NEVER go 'one out' on enquiries. Anyway, he failed to return, and to cut a long story short, pulled up in a park (in daylight) and stuck his S&W Mod.36 in his mouth, and pulled the trigger !

Another bloke I know, received a 'direction' (from IID)to answer an allegation that a women had made, apropos his alleged language and conduct while he handed her a TIN or PIL (Traffic Infringement Notice)for a traffic offence. So worried was he, at the end of his shift, he went home and sucked on the end of his gun too ! The allegation proved to be of a fairly minor nature, but the 'maggots' in IID had to make themselves big men...and the rest is history, as they say !

In my opinion, the crooks are the least of your trouble in the job.

Thanks again for your kind sentiments.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 20 June 2008 4:34:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wo you bought the past back in your last post gee did you.
22 years with another state government department I stood by the roadside at many fatal road trauma events with police.
We swapped the same story's as we tried to forget the dreadful events.
It was no different for me my job had as many crooks and uncles and fathers infested the job with useless family members.
Even football players got and still get contracts they can not handle because they have the right mates.
nothing really matters any more is the standard graffiti and chant.
those 22 years saw dead police too and worse others who never had a job after , road workers too left work forever too many bad dreams too many 2am phone calls too much needless blood.
I had forgot in this thread of the impacts of being a cop, and had refrained from talking about a very senior cop who talked to his on scene men and us like filth but loaded his car with stolen goods from any rolled over truck.
a good cops gold just sometimes a good cop under pressure acts in a way that forever blackens the mind of his/her victim.
But some are not good cops.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 21 June 2008 7:16:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu

Maggots are right and don’t you forget it. Under the circumstances it was big of you to respond to my comments.
We lost a few the same way but weren’t even sure if `they really pulled the trigger.
Five of ours were gagged under metal health acts and one of those had two families members shot and the family dog.

People like you and I change moods - its part of our survival. At times you want to tell the bloody world about the low lives and others you don’t want to even think about it.
Don’t you still remember that first big kick in the guts. That special boss that you thought would care and that you could trust.

I am not going to lecture you about saying too much on here because I am sure your ‘well aware’ of the risks. Don’t underestimate them. (I know you don’t)
I would hate to see a BYO job done on you etc.

I agree the crooks are the least of the problem in many situations.

We have a very tiny little group of X whatever’s. Keep in contact by phone and occasionally meet up. One person is thinking about starting a web site (There’s safety in numbers)

Mostly we try to just keep watch over each other. Just be there so you know your not alone and can ring someone to vent. Anyway the site might be fun as jokes are always good.
You can contact me on info@livexports.com.

Don’t draw attention to yourself now working alone my friend. Don’t take this the wrong way but I hope not to see you back in this thread.
I wont post here again either so I don’t encourage you.
Its your time to take a well earned break.

Don’t give them these years as well- Stuff them Your smarter than that.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 21 June 2008 7:56:47 AM
Just one for the road to Belly =
Belly said=

*I have with my own eyes seen rolled over trucks stripped of valuables by serving police, stolen loads not salvaged and not just a few but every one in a station can we trust police?*

Pale comments
*Everyone* in the station Ah Belly
Umm, what did YOU do about it? Or were you too scared to stand up and be counted.

If people only knew the damage they do by making such statements.

The good cops get the back lash of this type of gargabe .

Either put up and send your evidence direct to the PC or shut up.

You do have evidence I take it belly dont you?

So why didnt you report this. ? All it takes is for good men to do nothing- Havent you heard of that.

Its sort of like animal cruelty. People know full well its happening but remain silent. Its shameful.

Silly little school boy rumours about stuff getting knocked off from a truck or trucks and the irresponsible claims that *the whole station were in on it.*

How would you know what the *whole station were in on Belly*.

I can asure you it doesnt work like that. The younger ones are kept apart to be kicked and used and bullied to pretend that all police are the pillar of soceity.

The older blokes would never allow a young rooster to have that type of evidence to use against them. Always watcful of others wanting to Que jump to the top and take their jobs.

What you have just described does not happen in the way you presented it.

Your so full of it.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 21 June 2008 1:43:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy