The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Police who do we trust?

Police who do we trust?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I think one repeated line in my posts is being over looked a good cop is pure gold.
My life has put me in daily contact with both types of cop 14 years of playing first grade sport shoulder to shoulder 22 years of watching and helping them pick up the road trauma mess.
I know beyond doubt most police on entering the force do so for the reasons we want them to.
I also know without one step back most of our posters would not believe unless they saw it themselves the brutal way some of our young are handled.
And sorry but we are not known as a country with institutionalized corruption but we have far more of it than you want to know of.
After years of sport work and play with police it still hurts to hear one tell of a drug dealing cop being arrested for handling stolen property.
With respect St G security is a job that calls for close ties to police that closeness often leads to blindness too.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 5:49:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly

I wasn't going to post here, but I too have had ten years working with police as part of my work in public housing. This meant involvement with evictions, drug and weapons searches and welfare checks. I think in all that time I only met one cop who I would describe as NQR and he was more in the line of a maverick, rather than corrupt, just took his job very seriously indeed - if you got on his bad side and you're a crim...

That was one only. I don't believe I developed any 'blindness' as you suggested St G did and I am sure StG kept his perspective as well.

A bad experience is what can colour our entire perspective. So perhaps you need to consider that.

For me, I will continue to trust.
Posted by Fractelle, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 6:50:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"With respect St G security is a job that calls for close ties to police that closeness often leads to blindness too."

Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 5:49:58 AM

Rubbish. I'm naturally suspicious of people. The police can hang me just as well as the next person. I have less personal legal rights in my job as compared to you as a citizen. I'm totally aware of this and play my cards on the straight and narrow. You're totally wrong on that assumption.
Posted by StG, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 7:28:36 AM
Corruption starts at the top and works its way down-
If we are lucky.
Thats is a fact of life. You must be very naive to think anything else.
Blimey it would be like living in disney land. Ever heard of shaving an enquiry belly?

Ok I will give you a quick example. AWB Enquiry- Kevin Rudd the shadow Minister for foreign affairs and trade.

Now Kevins job was the report to the public on AWB at the time= Get it?

So what did Kevin Rudd do when given evidence of AWB being not only involved in wheat?
What did Rudd do when sent docs showing AWB were paying money to SH via the cruel live export industry?

He headed for the hills despite being only the week prior to 60 minutes doing their story on the barbaric trade KNOWING there was huge public interest!

Now you may ask is that corruption? Hell No. It just stinks to air heavens.
So if you follow these er coeds of practise handed from poly to police- who knows you may even just get it.
Apart from that of course the system is TOTALLY corrupt for goodness sake.
Kindergarten and alice in wonderland finished years ago.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 7:39:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly because I believe in the “system”, with all its shortcomings, I have to continue to presume it works. The alternative is anarchy and that is a non-solution.

I accept individuals will be corrupt. We are both old enough to understand the weakness of some who still manage to ingratiate their way into positions of trust, only to betray that trust.

A system of checks and balances must exist, separate to the line of command, to oversee the fair and even deployment of authority entrusted to individuals.

That is the part of the system I trust, above direct influence, there to oversee, like an independent regulator.

When that part of the system breaks down we have the

“Apart from that of course the system is TOTALLY corrupt for goodness sake.”

Which PALEIF comments about.

Ultimately, to retain ones sanity, we have to work on the assumption that people are inherently good but the odd bad one does get through and the system is sufficiently stable to identify the bad before the havoc they wreak destroys the host.

I recall we have had police commissioners end up in gaol. The system worked because it identified and punished them.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 1:14:02 PM
Cj

If you are refering to Terry Lewis which of course you are it shows you are totally ignorant.
Shaved enquires happen ALL the time and Lewis was a prime example.

Lewis was NOT stitched up on the word of ONE self confesed corrupt cop and a born lier.
Thats another thing about this system. People simply read the paper and take it for the truth.
Every single person who tried to speak up to defend lewis was dealt with in one way or the other.
Not one other officer or person said one thing about Terry in a very long trial.
Ask yourself why he was convicted on the word of one crook Jack Herbert who was the scum of the earth.
Your just as naive as belly. Oh and please who can for Joes trial.
pity Joes old buddy Russ dies .
What a joke.
He was guilty as sin.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 6:08:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy