The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A dead Palestinian Child

A dead Palestinian Child

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
You must have had information that I didn't. I would be curious to know when exactly the Al Dura affair was exposed as fake and by whom? I certainly was not reading about it in the press at any time. All I ever saw was that this event happened, it was reported to have happened and as a result ... bloodshed. Which newspapers worldwide revealed that it was a bunch of lies and fabrication? Has the Palestinian/Arab world been made aware of it? I don't think so.
Posted by feisty, Monday, 2 June 2008 10:44:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Feisty,

The quote came from Mordechai Eliyahu., who also said (among other things) that the 2004 Tsumani was "..divine punishment for Asian governments supporting Israel's unilateral disengagement plan plan.”..

Here’s another of one his gems.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1180527966693&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

This just goes to show that radical Muslims don’t have a monopoly on incitement to violence and intolerance.

This is a man appointed to a significant position within the community and with considerable influence, not some self-appointed "not-wrapped-tight" loony with a political grudge and an urge to make a headline. He also uses the Bible to directly support his views.
There are also a lot of similar provocative statements coming from the West as well.

As for the SMH article, BOAZY, I imagine that nobody would have closed down a similar display commemorating the anniversary of the Holocaust before the public had a chance to see it. I expect that would have created quite a bit of noise.

The point is that this is blatant political censorship by our own domestic “anti-terrorist” organisation that appears to be acting under instruction from - who exactly?
Aren’t we entitled to know ALL the facts – good AND bad?

If the al-Dura event was staged propaganda, what else is?

It’s not quite the same as Today-Tonight’s set up of little Wa-Wa who was going to be eaten by cannibals in Papua, but fairly typical of how we are treated and kept informed.
Posted by rache, Monday, 2 June 2008 1:49:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rache,

Yeah a hundred countries around the world are suffering from radical Jewish rabbis who, with bombs strapped to the chest, are murdering children and women.

Singapore, the Phillipines, Indonesia, China, US, Britain, Spain, Holland, Argentina, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Chechnya, Bangladesh, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Denmark, France, Australia.

All these places have suffered attacks by crazed rabbis, with bombs hidden under their rabbinical robes.

Wait a moment ... I think somethings wrong here ... Thats right ... its radical muslims who are doing all the head hacking and self detonation.

No one has suggested that the Israelis are as pure as the driven snow. But to suggest that the radical Islamists are no worse than the radical Jews is a total departure from reality.
Posted by Paul.L, Monday, 2 June 2008 3:05:54 PM
That's possible, feisty, but not likely.

>>You must have had information that I didn't.<<

As I mentioned in my first post, I picked up on this around three years ago.

>>I would be curious to know when exactly the Al Dura affair was exposed as fake and by whom?<<

As the item I referred to in the same post points out, it had been "outed" long before...

"As James Fallows wrote in an investigation of the case for The Atlantic Monthly (June 2003): "Whatever happened to him, he was not shot by the Israeli soldiers..."

http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_article=856&x_context=3

But the rumours that it was fake started almost immediately.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=18774

Note the date: December 4th 2000

Note also that the splicing in of an Israeli soldier had already been noticed...

>>Has the Palestinian/Arab world been made aware of it?<<

I guess that depends whether they read Atlantic Monthly or WorldNetDaily
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 2 June 2008 3:54:21 PM
That's right Paul.L,
For all it's talk, Israel has never actually committed a single atrocity in their entire history. As long as they kill less than the others do, they maintain moral superiority.
It also pays to have powerful allies with lots of money (plus a pile of nukes on standby).

I guess those Palestinians had better just abandon their unjust struggle and let the Israelis help themselves to as much remaining territory as they think God wants them to have.

Instead of violence, a good letter-writing campaign to the media by the Palestinians (plus a few well-placed ads funded by lamington drives) should solve all their problems and bring a just and lasting peace to the region.

So obvious. I don't know why nobody thought of it earlier. I'll pass it on - Cheers!
Posted by rache, Tuesday, 3 June 2008 1:42:06 AM
It’s good to see some people can still keep their sense of humour
–Palestinians can learn all the facts re the Al Dura incident by reading the Atlantic Monthly or WorldNetDaily ! [ROFIFOL]

From the average Palestinian, the respond is likely to be –Atlantic what? –then, after a moment of reflection – so what!

“Does the Arab world know about it?”
Have they renamed Al Dura street ?
Have they taken his name off the list of 1001 glorious martyrs?
(what better proof of the pudding!)

When your kindergarten viewing is a Mickey Mouse
spouting anti-Jewish sentiment.
When your primary school texts extol the joys of suicide bombing civilian buses.
When your local press is all about your rights and their wrongs.
How on Earth is a report in a foreign rag-assuming you have access to it- going to change your opinion?

Why, even some of us, with access to the whole show still can’t quite accept it -note- “IF the al-Dura event was staged propaganda…?”
Posted by Horus, Tuesday, 3 June 2008 5:21:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy