The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Camden rejects Islamic school - Common sense or bigotry?

Camden rejects Islamic school - Common sense or bigotry?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. All
individual,
Because we are not Saudis! BUT We must stop supporting them! They violate the human rights with one million ways. Read their records on humans violent in the Human Rights Commission of UN.
individual,
To be civilized it costs! Are not you ready to pay the cost for our civilization? I AM!
I wrote about them in other thread, last days.
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 12 June 2008 10:31:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To be civilized it costs!
ASymeonakis,
Don't I know that only too well. Even here on these threads I have been accused with all sorts of unkind descriptions. Being civilized & therefore caring & responsible goes against the grain of the religious fanatics who will not accept/understand that a wheel can't possibly turn smoothly with only one spoke.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 12 June 2008 7:56:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Antonias and Ditch,
Thought you may be interestd!

A news item today stated that Iran just executed a 17 year old boy which is against UN covernants, to which Iran is party to.

Human rights groups have condemened Iran for this but as yet no response from UN. Doubt if Iran will lose membership of UN.

So what is to stop us from stoping early morning calls to prayer?

Do UN rules only apply to some? Just who is going to compell us to obey or take any action that our citizens require?
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 12 June 2008 8:06:28 PM
Iran executes a 17 year old! Oh that's charming isn't it. Bought to you by the same country that wants Israel wiped out.

I don't know what's to stop us preventing the call to prayer. I'm not sure of Antonius's references for that but I'm not surprised that it is protected by some international law, as he has said. Just the same, I have read of the Brits and French and their laws re the head scarf. A country has it's right to enforce it's own laws rightly or wrongly and who's going to do anything about it. In a democracy the majority's will wins the day most of the time
Posted by Ditch, Thursday, 12 June 2008 8:33:42 PM
"Iran is one of the only countries left in the world today that still executes children and child offenders (those accused of committing an offense when they were under eighteen years of age). Currently, there are at least 84 known juvenile offenders awaiting execution in Iran, but the total number could be much higher. Many of those scheduled to be executed were convicted in flawed legal proceedings."

From here: http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-priorities/death-penalty/page.do?id=1011005&n1=3&n2=28
Posted by Ditch, Thursday, 12 June 2008 8:36:32 PM
This business with Muslims reminds me of a group of factories, where I worked when I first came to Australia. At the factory managers quarterly meeting one of the personnel manager wallies did a presentation and went off like a pork chop about being sensitive to the expectations of migrants. Caring not to put Serbs next to Croats etc.

He asked the attending factory managers, the blokes who actually made the business happen, what their experiences were and they all said they had had no problems and the local migrants seemed to get on well except for two factory managers

The first was where the HR wally was based and they had had all sorts of problems since the “cultural awareness” of the workforce had been brought up (by the HR wally).

The other was the bloke from Tasmania who said they never had any cross-cultural problems because he would never employ the foreign bastards.

The moral of this very true story

Don’t promote or highlight peoples differences.

Expect the migrant to accommodate and fit in with the ways of the majority or find somewhere else to live, not the other way around.

(if anyone has any doubt, I too am a migrant).
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 12 June 2008 9:16:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. All