The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Chance - Our Prime Minister.

Chance - Our Prime Minister.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
There is nothing to him really is there? Yes he can speak Mandarin, yes he thinks Dietrich Bonhoffer is beaut, and he can eloquently rattle off political rhetoric like its all been pre-recorded by the BBC.

We seem to have gone from someone so ideologically hardline and myopic (Howard) to someone without any substance at all.

He’s an ideological free zone, an air kiss, a soft hand shake, a flat beer, a fart in a cyclone.

Its excruciatingly clear he’s very practiced at being Mr Nobody and it’s got that way that I can’t help but turn the TV over to another channel when I see him lest I lapse into a deep involuntary comatosis. Truly, it’s that bad!

In times past some called him a trendy vicar, others warned to look for the snake within.

But I fear what we have is far worse.

He appears to stand for everything and nothing all at once. Not unlike Chance, Peter Seller’s character from his seminal movie Being There, in which his every utterance is mistaken for a deep profundity. Check him out on Youtube: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xYLy1Yj_P_Q

Whitlam, Fraser, Hawke, Keating, Howard all had something to offer us, something culturally familiar, something lovable or loathsome. But this bloke’s got nothing at all. I don’t hate him, but I’m certainly not overflowing with love and admiration for him either?

Perhaps after 11 years of Howard this the therapeutic Prime Minister we had to have?
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 25 May 2008 11:02:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A fart in a cyclone?

“But I fear what we have is far worse.”

I share your concern Rainier. And I think it is an extremely serious matter.

Rudd’s increase to immigration, boosting of the expansionist paradigm and apparent complete lack of understanding of sustainability or the likely consequences of the impending energy crunch make him considerably worse than Howard.

So far, he is looking like just the kind of PM that we desperately needed to NOT have at this point in our country’s history.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 26 May 2008 8:13:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It never ceases to amaze me how quick people are with their criticisms. The newly elected PM has only been in power for a few months - and low and behold out come the attacks. This is to be expected from the "do nothing" opposition that lost the election.

Why not give the man and his party a chance (smile), and judge him in two years time?

But then that would be the fair thing to do. And, depending on your political leanings, not every one is capable of doing that - as the
scare tactics of the Liberal Party in the last election demonstrated.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 May 2008 2:02:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to agree. Rudd is the far lesser of the two evils, but still an evil. It's going to take the coming oil decline apocalypse to bring some effective leaders forward.
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 26 May 2008 2:23:45 PM
Id like to know what his real, secret heart is towards China.
I worry sometimes, like a lot of christians, that Communism here isnt dead... and that China has got a few of our fine young men involved in the global takeover.

A Roman Catholic priest was once quoted having said "If we get them in the first 7 years, we've got them for life".

I wonder about all of the young guys at Uni, all of those years ago, that Communism sucked in for a life long trip... and who they tutored.
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 26 May 2008 2:55:50 PM
Foxy, it's not that anyone is attacking him, just that we are observing his actions.

The man is obviously lying to someone. I felt, during the election, that he was lying, mostly, to the labor faithful. His actions since, have proved it. The qusetion is, does he stand for anything? So far the answer must be NO.

I don't believe we can afford 2 years of bad government. The best thing I have seen is that he goes to water pretty easily, [petrol price], so If we jump high enough, & shout loud enough, we should keep him from too much of his foolish applauseseeking behavior.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 26 May 2008 5:54:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy