The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ZOMBIES

ZOMBIES

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Was talking with a friend a few days ago about how work makes people zombie like. To make things worse, he just told me that a colleague just committed suicide. The two are not unrelated. The repetitive nature of work and its often emotionally dry environment are a big part of the problem. I know that we need to work in order to live, BUT at what cost? Are the luxuries that we want more important than our health? My friend has become disappointed and jaded with work, and he's not of the minority. Life is far too short and precious to be used up in such a lifeless way.
Posted by Haralambos, Sunday, 25 May 2008 12:02:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A really alive and on-fire for Jesus christian church will heal any zombie.
Getting amongst the happiest people in the world will drastically cause a drop away from any drone like life.
Assembly of God, Christian Outreach Centres, Reachout for Christ, Full Gospel christian churches are all good churches.
In fact any christian church where there are hands in the air and the people are praising The Lord is a wonderful experience:)
No zombies for us happy clappy folk.
Receiving Jesus into your life (you can invite Him in anytime) and lots of prayer can set you free of anything that drags your spirit down.
Posted by Gibo, Sunday, 25 May 2008 1:06:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Haralambos
If you are low income migrant, low income sole parent, if you are a casual or part time woman, then you have no choice, then you are not a Zombie but a victim.
Can you imagine what could happened if the low income people, the mass majority of the population from any country, had free time and see all this injustice?
People need dreams, hopes, no free time to use their brain, in other case they could become dangerous for the others. (the rich one).
We convert the low income people to ZOMBIES to destructive their self, that is the real meaning from our civilization!
BUT I WILL CONTINUE THE HARD WORK, THE HOPE DIES LAST.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Monday, 26 May 2008 9:43:06 AM
There is another danger lurking in the workplace: The Workplace Psyhopath. It is a very real issue and is one that has led workers to suicide. If anyone is interested I am happy to provide further information about this little known but very real issue.
Posted by TammyJo, Monday, 26 May 2008 10:18:46 AM
Gibo wrote:

“A really alive and on-fire for Jesus christian church will heal any zombie.

Receiving Jesus into your life (you can invite Him in anytime) and lots of prayer can set you free of anything that drags your spirit down.”

There are many other things one can do.

You can use your mind and hands to think and create. You can garden or bushwalk. You can become socially and politically active to make a better world. You can make things. You can learn a craft. If you cannot do science you can read about and enjoy the accomplishments of others. You can enjoy the love and friendship of other human beings. You can learn to play a musical instrument. You can enjoy literature, art and the theatre. You can play and watch sports.

A really alive and on-fire for Jesus christian church replaces zombie work by zombie religion.
Posted by david f, Monday, 26 May 2008 10:36:40 AM
Well.. if youre sick thats where you go for healings.
I see it all of the time in our church and people are getting set free to live normal christian lives. God Still heals today if we go to Him in Jesus' Name.
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 26 May 2008 10:54:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy