The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Culling Bloody Shame

A Culling Bloody Shame

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. 35
  10. All
Shame on Jon Stanhope!...Shame on the ACT! ...Shame on everyone who supports this lunacy!

400 Eastern Grey Kangaroos, all culled (killed) rather than relocating them to another area, all supposedly due to the cost involvement, which was allegedly quoted at around $3.1 million ( where thase people get their figures from needs some investigation?)

Here we are complaining bitterly about the Japanese and their whale harvesting and at the same time we condone the killing and probable eating our national symbol, simply because we cannot be bothered relocating them!

If anyone who has raised just one of these animals from infancy and
received the love and response in return for his or her concern, can condone these irresponsible actions,.....then maybe we are not too far away from eating human babies!......a disgusting but realistic thought!

What happened to these unfortunate animals after they were euthanased?
....probably delivered to the Dog food manufacturers or worse!

If anybody thinks that the Japanese wouldn`t have noticed this little excursion into lunacy, they should think again! This is yet another example of "do as I say, and not what as I do!"

I would ask the question:... Didn`t we lose enough Roo`s during the ACT bushfires?....and wouldn`t it have been more responsible to return these animals to their own natural environment away from the dangers of so-called civilization?
Posted by Cuphandle, Tuesday, 20 May 2008 5:37:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Cuppy

does it not occur to you the following:

1/ You can only 're-locate' roos until you reach a point where the place you relocate them to is out of food and they all then die slowly in suffering.

2/ We are experiencing a terrible drought.

There will come a point, where you have to choose between quick mercy killing and 'letting them suffer and die slowly'.

So...in 'principle' it is rather naive to claim that we are 'killing and eating our national symbol'
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 21 May 2008 5:40:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought far more of you Cuphandle and I thought you came from the bush maybe got that wrong.
This week across Australia more will die ,many more under the front of trucks and cars.
Many more will die of starvation in drought stricken paddocks.
More still will be born this year than ever before.
Our croups and water have built numbers up so very many times more than those that existed before white man came.
The 3 million killed each year for meat and hides could be doubled in some years without affecting their future.
Those 400 leave them? can you show me how to catch a roo keep it alive and transport it?
And it may not matter to some but farmers who are near broken by this drought, have to kill cattle and sheep or watch them die slowly can find better things to concern them.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 21 May 2008 5:56:31 AM
This sort of thing really wrenches your heart-strings.

I appreciate your outrage Cuphandle. But without knowing the intimate details of the situation, I think that the perspective that Belly presents is pretty accurate.

I travel our highways and backroads a great deal. Dead roos, dead roos dead roos. Just so many killed on our roads. Enough to considerably raise the population density of crows, ravens, black kites and wedge-tailed eagles. It amounts to a major ecological factor, that for some species is right up there with the huge increase in water points in the otherwise dry inland and the massive clearing of the land over vast regions.

The occasional cull really is a very minor factor.
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 21 May 2008 7:18:22 AM
Belly:
Once again your response was predictable! You accused me of being a "pretend" farmer in another thread, and you now say you have lost respect for me as you thought I came from the bush!

I, like a lot of "farmers" have weathered some pretty bad times during the drought, but I have balanced my grazing with the local ecology and have not greedily overgrazed, thus allowing the the existing Roos and Wallabies to continue their habitation unhindered and happy in their coexistence with cattle and horses!

This is going to be a sad world when all the natural animal species have been eradicated ( driven to extinction by the arrogance and self greed of man!) but no doubt self-righteous people like yourself, who seem to ridicule and condemn any other form of opinion or thinking, save your own, will inherit a very bleak world indeed,....a world devoid of compassion and existing purely for power and money, a world which you and your kind deserve!

I would suggest to you, Belly, that if the sun was shining outside you would argue that it was overcast!....anything for an argument!.....It seems that you appear to suffer delusions of grandeur and maybe starved of affection or attention which you could possibly eliminate by taking in and caring for an orphan animal!

Yes! I am different than your average farmer,...and I am proud of my principles!
Posted by Cuphandle, Wednesday, 21 May 2008 8:37:30 AM
It makes me ill Cuphandle and I can feel it in The Holy Spirit as Im reading your opening comments.
God Created these little ones with His Love. He Gave the resposibility to man to care for them and despite "the fall" we still have that responsibility.
To put His Creation before money (the transportation to other greener fields) is disgusting.
I really think the The ACT government is going to fall itself.
Its one of the most decadent and disgusting governments Ive ever seen.
Their corruption has taken them over to the obscenity of homosexuality and lesbianism support.
I look to that day they get their Judgment with a smile.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 21 May 2008 8:55:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. 35
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy