The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Susan Chandler and the case of anti-Jewish comments

Susan Chandler and the case of anti-Jewish comments

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I was not surprised that the hypercritics at the Australian Jewish News ran riot with the story of Susan and her one line email. “Greedy F@cking Jew”

To start with the editorial went on as if Susan was concealing some sort of Nazi tendencies and some how had an intrinsic hatred of Jews. Absurd yes, but true. The idiot who wrote the article obviously has a far better insight into the English language then I do and has an amazing capability to read into peoples intent by just looking at 3 words of an email. According to the journalist or should I say “journalist” if you say anything critical of anyone be it Jews, Frenchman, Americans or Kiwi’s you are implying that you have underlying and deep seated hatred of them. What a joke!

http://www.ajn.com.au/news/news.asp?catID=117

They also had other articles one with the victim “poor diddums” accepting an apology and saying how outraged he is and another 2 of just pure whinging.

http://www.ajn.com.au/news/news.asp?pgID=5456

http://www.ajn.com.au/news/news.asp?pgID=5476

http://www.ajn.com.au/news/news.asp?pgID=5475

I will be the first to admit that the standards of journalism at the ajn is understandably low due to the narrow field and thus poor quality of potential employees. But you would think they could do better then this garbage.

I think Susan is another Australian who has fallen victim to this absurdly politically correct world we live.
Posted by EasyTimes, Monday, 19 May 2008 11:57:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
THE AJN IS HYPOCRITICAL!

I wonder when they will give the same attention to the eternal vilification of Jews in the Quran and Hadith of Islam?

This is what is said of them. (and Christians)

-They are deluded.
-They are unjust.
-May Allah destroy them.
-Allah himself fights them.

These statements do not just attack one Jew (or Christian) they attack ALL Jews and Christians for all time.

AJN..wake up.. stand up..and stop being hypocritical!

If ur going to attack/out those who you claim are 'anti semitic'...why not go to the biggest anti semites and hate mongers?
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 20 May 2008 6:31:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Get real. It is quite reasonable to infer that somebody who would use the term “Greedy F@cking Jew” in just about any context probably is anti-Semitic in general. For a political hack to use the term in an email in the context of an election campaign is also incredibly stupid. Of course she had to go once the offensive email became public.

Mind you, it's just another example of what an internally divided cesspit the Liberal Party has become. They really need to get their house in order.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 20 May 2008 10:00:30 AM
I agree with CJ.

Once the email was made public - Susan Chandler had to resign.

It was a major 'faux pas' on her part - and give the "Australian Jewish News' the ammunition they needed.

But who leaked the email to the media?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 20 May 2008 10:57:16 AM
If she'd written 'Greedy F@cking Pom', no-one would have batted an eyelid. In fact, she might have won a literary award for the Aussie sport of Pom-bashing where being over-critical of the English does not atract accusations of having an underlying and deep seated hatred of them.

I'm not English (as Seinfeld said, 'not that there's anything wrong with that'), I just see an imbalance here.

So if to use the word 'Jew' in an insulting comment is anti-Semitic, what does use of 'Pom' in an insult equate to?
Posted by Austin Powerless, Tuesday, 20 May 2008 11:35:37 AM
Dear Austin,

It could have been a, "Greedy f....ing Pom," as you indicated.

Or a "Greedy f....ing Yank."

Or a "Greedy f----ing Wog."

Or a "Greedy f----ing Dago."

Or just about a "Greedy f---ing Anything."

But an insult is still an insult - right?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 20 May 2008 12:28:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy